Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,537 Posts
What about minimal input generative music created by a laptop that's clearly enjoying itself? :unsure:
Computers with emotions is a very scary thought. Yes, I know the prospect is coming and it is probably only a matter of time....but I really hope it hasn't happened already. o_O:eek::oops:

No!!! Happy computers scare me. I don't want to hear any computers enjoying themselves and having fun in this game. I suspect a computer's idea of a good time is contributing to destroying all non-computerised life on earth. If anything I'd rather hear a computer sulking because it isn't getting it's own way. ;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Usually I only have this feeling during a live performance.
Sometimes it can also happen when singer is struggling with microphone problems like in this song :

·
32,537 Posts
Usually I only have this feeling during a live performance.
Sometimes it can also happen when singer is struggling with microphone problems like in this song :

The advantage of live performances is when your ears think you are hearing a smile you also have your eyes to confirm it. :cool: I would imagine we will have several live performances in this theme..... and rightly so. :)

·
Trainwreck
58,087 Posts
I make music, not sure how I feel about this phenomenon. Take #20 can easily sound more 'feeling' than the more fresh Take 1 or 2 because you might've figured out by then that if you oh so subtly manipulate your voice in the right way, out of one of the infinite ways one can, you find it suits the particular lyrics much better. Sometimes a lot of takes isn't just about about the technical side in sounding radio-ready, but, indeed, acting the emotion out. That's even while technically being on autopilot, because you've sung the lyrics so many times already you're not really 'feeling' them in real-time anymore. Don't get me started on lyric-writing. In that area it's even easier for the end result to sound accidentally spontaneous - they might've taken you like a year to write.

When music is supposed to sound 'worked on' and it's obvious, you can hear it of course, so I suppose just avoiding that will be somewhere in the right neighbourhood :sneaky:.

·
Registered
12,915 Posts
Well my song is comletely true to the letter and spirit of the theme but it will almost certainly flop. It's not all about winning though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Computers with emotions is a very scary thought. Yes, I know the prospect is coming and it is probably only a matter of time....but I really hope it hasn't happened already. o_O:eek::oops:

No!!! Happy computers scare me. I don't want to hear any computers enjoying themselves and having fun in this game. I suspect a computer's idea of a good time is contributing to destroying all non-computerised life on earth. If anything I'd rather hear a computer sulking because it isn't getting it's own way. ;)
You shall be forever remembered as the first human victim of the Rise of the Machines.

·
32,537 Posts
I sent.
Dont know if my song is allowed but I really dont understand why make it so complicated🤣
If you feel you can hear smiles in the song....it is allowed. ;) I fully acknowledge this is a subjective theme. How the song does voting-wise will depend on how much joy, happiness and smiles other participants hear in your song. But if you, yourself, hear smiles in your song it would be wrong for anyone to say the song wasn't allowed.

·
Administrator
63,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
11 songs nominated overnight :-

1 AdeyC
2 Latvian
3 Silent Bird
4 SilverPersian
5 Laurent Moy
6 N.M.
7 Beat
8 DropShotAce
9 Lord Choc Ice
10 Matmagix
11 Mauriac

·
Administrator
63,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
11 songs nominated so far :

1 AdeyC
2 Latvian
3 Silent Bird
4 SilverPersian
5 Laurent Moy
6 N.M.
7 Beat
8 DropShotAce
9 Lord Choc Ice
10 Matmagix
11 Mauriac

·
32,537 Posts
@Shvedbarilescu, do I have it right in saying that, by definition, an artist cannot have fun on its own (at least for this game ;))?
I think I have been over this before but I will try again.

I have already acknowledged this a subjective theme. My own view is there are very few songs I personally hear smiles coming from that are made by one individual fiddling around on a computer. For me this kind of emotion tends to come from interactions with others and be spontaneous in nature. But if I am entirely honest, even I can find exceptions to this premise. And the theme is clearly for each participant to find songs they hear smiles in, not songs I myself here smiles in. So if you feel you can hear smiles in a song, that song fits the criteria of the game regardless of what I (or anyone else) thinks of it.

Of course if others don't hear the same level of smiles in a song the person who enters it does that song might not do especially well in the game, but I don't honestly see how, in the manner in which I have proposed this theme that any song can be judged ineligible.

At the end of the day, I trust the judgement of the participants of this game to find songs that they themselves hear smiles from and I am confident this will produce a game with a lot of expressed happiness in it.

Having said all that, when it comes time for me to vote on the songs in this theme, naturally I will be giving the highest points to the songs I personally hear the most smiles and joy from and I would expect others will vote for the songs they hear the most smiles from as well.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts