41 - 60 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Omg, that SF1 is PACKED with great songs (minus Grimes) :love:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Breaking up the recent pattern, this time SF1 > SF2, but SF2 does contain Spark, which for me is one of Tori's stronger songs... This song takes on a whole new level once you find out she is singing about her miscarriages and the official video is also very powerful with religious imagery... I especially like when the twin "angels" refuse to help her on the road and the dire conclusion is set and foregone... No wonder next time she will "give Judas a try"...

·
Administrator
63,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Heres the songs in list format for those who use Florin's sheet to rank the songs at :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kihtk84tfk5mvld/bsg-rank%20songs.xlsx?dl=0

SEMI FINAL - ONE
4AM
Brown Rice
Dambala
Days Are Forgotten
Des arbres de fer
Doctorin' The Tardis
Froh
Go Ahead John
Haus der Lüge
How I Itch To Stitch My Pitch
Jeszcze Raz
Kept
La Grasa de las Capitales
Les Arméés De La Nuit
Loulou
SEMI FINAL - TWO
Milestone 2 (Skux Life)
Now I Lay Me Down
Rise Like A Phoenix
Rosemary
Sabre Dance
Sacrificial Dance
Set The Woods On Fire
Spark
Teeth Like God's Shoeshine
The Future
Tragedy and Mystery
Turn On The Night
Want More
We'll Live And Die In These Towns

·
Administrator
63,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Vanessa Mae the Rosalyn Small of skiing? She was so much on tv for a couple of years during the 90s.

·
Registered
12,915 Posts
I remember listening a lot her to her music as a small kid on my cassette. ;)
You're showing your age there Perun. 🤭

·
Registered
12,095 Posts
You're showing your age there Perun. 🤭
Funny with the cassette player. As long as that was what I had I never had any concerns about music quality, music was great. I remember when I switched to CD player I didn't feel much of an improvement in quality and was surprised and a bit disappointed. After a while, since I had few CDs, I switched back....but then of course then the cassettes were ruined for me and I felt I had no choice but to play CDs exclusively. Took me a while to rebuild a good collection.

·
Registered
12,915 Posts
Funny with the cassette player. As long as that was what I had I never had any concerns about music quality, music was great. I remember when I switched to CD player I didn't feel much of an improvement in quality and was surprised and a bit disappointed. After a while, since I had few CDs, I switched back....but then of course then the cassettes were ruined for me and I felt I had no choice but to play CDs exclusively. Took me a while to rebuild a good collection.
One of the biggest problems with casettes os that you can't easily skip tracks or listen to a specific track, which you can of course with CDs or downloads. Even vinyl is better in that regard. I do miss vinyl as there I find it a much more emotional and satisfying experience holding a record and placing it on the turntable and looking at the artwork on the sleeve and reading the sleeve notes. Also the feeling of suspense and anticipation you get because you have to wait to go out and buy it (or wait for it to arrive in the post) as opposed to the instant gratification of a download. I feel sorry for people who have never 'consumed' music in this way, because it really is a different experience.

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
That's nothing. I remember when they started putting out records on vinyl to be played on these weird gramophone things that had horns coming from them.

I had one gramophone with horn when I was 4-5. Then my mom decided to sell it (I am keeping a fantastic collection, so I will sent to you via PM, if you want to see what was I talking about).

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
My song is likely to be my favourite song in this selection ... alas not one that fits the best the category.

41 - 60 of 223 Posts