Tennis Forum banner

541 - 544 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
My sincere apologies to @Litotes, Popol Vuh would have been an easy 12 from me. It was quite impressive though that out of their entire catalogue, he managed to pick a track that was least likely to succeed. Never change, squirrel boi.

I take some solace in the fact that my points wouldn't have helped him make the final anyway.

And congrats to histery, I didn't hate your song.

·
Registered
12,096 Posts
My sincere apologies to @Litotes, Popol Vuh would have been an easy 12 from me. It was quite impressive though that out of their entire catalogue, he managed to pick a track that was least likely to succeed. Never change, squirrel boi.

I take some solace in the fact that my points wouldn't have helped him make the final anyway.

Least likely to succeed? You said you'd give it a 12. That was my only ambition in this game, to get a high mark from the recipient, whoever it proved to be, so I'm pleased to learn that. It never occurred to me to try to compete for top honours. When I have tried my results are no better than when I don't think about it.

One thing you might not know (then again, you might, but then I'm sure others don't). There was a Popol Vuh band also on Norway in the 70s. They didn't realize the name was taken, a bit before the information age. When they learned they changed their name to Popol Ace.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Least likely to succeed? You said you'd give it a 12. That was my only ambition in this game, to get a high mark from the recipient, whoever it proved to be, so I'm pleased to learn that. It never occurred to me to try to compete for top honours. When I have tried my results are no better than when I don't think about it.

One thing you might not know (then again, you might, but then I'm sure others don't). There was a Popol Vuh band also on Norway in the 70s. They didn't realize the name was taken, a bit before the information age. When they learned they changed their name to Popol Ace.
That could be achieved without alienating the rest of BSG in the process, but yeah, fair enough ;)

Yes, I'm familiar with the fake Popol Vuh, some of their music is still sneakily mixed with the original band's discography on Spotify. They're better than the Polish Magma tbh

541 - 544 of 544 Posts