Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 272 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,376 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 299 - The Sixties - Revealed 74/75

i really don't have era-specific taste i don't think. but i do find this game a little underwhelming.

btw/ i had originally sent a kinks song, but changed it because somebody nominated another kinks song for game 297.
:sad:

In my view I see no reason there shouldn't be at least one Kinks song featured pretty much every week. :shrug:

·
32,376 Posts

Man, what a shit era 60s must have been :hysteric:

But let's be positive. At least this game's better than the Red for filth game :eek:
Sixties were awesome, and this game is pretty damn good. Easily the best since my return to the game.

Additionally, I am sure almost all the musicians you most admire would take my side when making their own assessments on the quality of 1960s music.

·
Registered
28,799 Posts

I hope I can actually write a set of triggering reviews for this game :cheer:

·
***** Emeritus
40,720 Posts

Sixties were awesome, and this game is pretty damn good. Easily the best since my return to the game.

Additionally, I am sure almost all the musicians you most admire would take my side when making their own assessments on the quality of 1960s music.
You're probably correct but 'A likes B' is not a transitive relation ;) No, seriously, it's not that I deliberately want to hate 60s music. It's just my experience that I do not really like most of the music made in that era.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts

Yes lots of short songs in the Sixties. :eek:h:

Leavers for SF1:

The Supremes - Baby Love
Carole King - It Might as Well Rain Until September
Can - Mary, Mary So Contrary
Ennio Morricone ft. Nora Orlandi - Metti Sera Una Cena
Katty Line - Ne Fais Pas La Tête

Didn't really hate any of these, but it is a 60s theme after all :shrug:.
What do you mean, are those not really 60s songs?

·
Registered
7,710 Posts

A 60s theme is going to be good (usually) so it's easy to pick something OK and miss out on votes.
Aaah I see. I agree. :cool:

·
Registered
6,282 Posts

i sent a different Sandie Shaw song originally, but replaced it with something else :lol: curious how this one will do (though two Sandie songs would cannibalize each other)
nice game
hard to put songs apart with points

·
Registered
18,955 Posts

Yes lots of short songs in the Sixties. :eek:h:

What do you mean, are those not really 60s songs?
well radio songs certainly had restrictions on length (even a 3.5-4 minute song was considered long) and yes it would be more expensive to produce long tracks especially early in the decade, because a lot of the recordings had to be done live with the entire playing band/orchestra and set up enough microphones to capture the sound with little room to polish. The tech did improve gradually. The 60s was a portal to modern music production and recording practices including multi track tapes, loops and dubs.

·
Registered
18,955 Posts

Summer Lovin' from Grease also used that melody in Hang On Sloopy. :D
yes I can hear that too in the chord progression (which was commonly used for many other 60s songs).

Fun song. Surf rock was pretty darn attractive in the 60s. but what sort of name for a girl is Sloopy? :SNE:

·
Registered
7,710 Posts

yes I can hear that too in the chord progression (which was commonly used for many other 60s songs).

Fun song. Surf rock was pretty darn attractive in the 60s. but what sort of name for a girl is Sloopy? :SNE:
:lol:

Maybe it's about a boat? :p

·
Registered
7,710 Posts

Love that Katty Line song. :hearts: That bass, that brass. Can't keep my foot from tapping. :rocker:

·
32,376 Posts

A 60s theme is going to be good (usually) so it's easy to pick something OK and miss out on votes.
I will be leaving out different songs but, yeah, I totally agree with you, the standard of this game is very high and there will be songs I like that miss out on getting any points as well. And yes, as you say, with a 60s theme this is almost inevitable, such is the high standard of music from that decade.

·
32,376 Posts

Love that Katty Line song. :hearts: That bass, that brass. Can't keep my foot from tapping. :rocker:
Yeah, that is one I adore too. I'm a big Katty Line fan and that is quite possibly her best track. She does the almost impossible on this number. She takes a Lee Hazlewood penned Nancy Sinatra song and she actually improves on the original version, and the original version is pretty great as well.

*For the record, no, this in not my selection but obviously it will get substantial points from me.

·
Registered
18,955 Posts

Karin Krog is bloody seductive with her diction. Stop it!!! :hysteric:

Lazy afternoon is now a new part of my vocabulary. It beats the standard "coffee" if you know what I mean.

·
Trainwreck
58,027 Posts

That sound you refer to did make a good starting impression, then for me didn't go somewhere quite as I would've liked.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts

Baby love **
Brain ****
Eternity Road ***
Good thing ****
Hamlet Suite **
Hang on Sloopy ****
In the midnight hour ***
It might as well rain until Spetember ****
Lazy Afternoon ***
Long live love ***
Metti una sera a cena ***
Love me please love me ****
Sympathy *****
Mary Mary so contrary **
Ne Fais Pas La Tête *

Needles and pins *****
Negro en sol menor ***
Okolona river buttom band ***
Papa Oom Mow Mow ****
Poszlabym za toba ***
Questions ****
Sam **
Scandale Dans La Famille *****
See Emily play *****
Sunday morning *****
Sun's going down **
Superman ****
Tão longe de Mim *****
U.F.O **

·
Registered
2,802 Posts

The last Windows update is the most awful sh*t ever. It took me over fifteen minutes to finally been able to run Florin's sheet :help:

101 - 120 of 272 Posts