Tennis Forum banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
35,659 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 298 - Autumn Playlist - Ceremony On!!!!!

big congrats on your win – and your birthday, N.M.! :aparty: although the winning song didn't do much for me, was very standard 60ies soul stuff to my ears.

Going up against @N.M. and @histery made me feel a pang of nostalgia.
that's so true :lol: does this mean you're playing more regularly in the future? that would be fantastic :inlove:

@Adam the (sandy) alex g album – and particualrly "gretel" – has grown a lot on me recently. he sounds a bit like a modern, more colourful version of elliott smith to me. but no points for future islands? i thought you liked them.

@histery great pick! btw atlas sound has just released an EP called "Myths 004" under his own name bradford cox together with cate le bon (who was the producer of the last deerhunter album).

i dropped under 1300 points – so definitely attackable at my number one position.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 298 - Autumn Playlist - Ceremony On!!!!!

Congrats, I guess. Another winning song snatched from me, I guess. The other Atlas Sound finishing 2nd, cute. Not gonna lie, but these results are painful for me. Go on and gloat!

But at least it was nice to have Mustafina back after a long time.

Thanks Adey!

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Congrats, I guess. Another winning song snatched from me, I guess. The other Atlas Sound finishing 2nd, cute. Not gonna lie, but these results are painful for me. Go on and gloat!

But at least it was nice to have Mustafina back after a long time.

Thanks Adey!
It was sampled in a Polish horrible rap song this year :eek:h:

·
***** Emeritus
40,999 Posts

Always knew people like you, ... will have always the same taste and not trying to be productive to this game.
I don't want to continue this, but God, can you stop being so arrogant?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts

It was sampled in a Polish horrible rap song this year :eek:h:
Just to be clear, I'm not blaming you or anything. If anything, I'm blaming myself for not sending it before. I've always felt it was a winner. We've gone through so many bullshit categories in the past two years, you wouldn't believe. :lol:

I feel like it's more of a winter than autumn song though. :eek:h:

·
Administrator
63,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 298 - Autumn Playlist - Congrats to N.M.

AMENDED FINAL VOTING TABLE

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 298 - Autumn Playlist - Congrats to N.M.

I see the line between incessant ass-kissing and petty accusations is thin in this game.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming you or anything. If anything, I'm blaming myself for not sending it before. I've always felt it was a winner. We've gone through so many bullshit categories in the past two years, you wouldn't believe. :lol:

I feel like it's more of a winter than autumn song though. :eek:h:
Yeah I know, I go internally ballistic anytime I see someone used a song (or my well hidden artist) I kept saving for later :lol: But you got double unlucky this time with a second Atlas Sound song from nowhere. I don't think I've seen anything like that.

I'm in Norway now and here autumn is like winter :lol:

·
Registered
18,741 Posts
Always knew people like you, ... will have always the same taste and not trying to be productive to this game.
I don't want to continue this, but God, can you stop being so arrogant?
Because it's true. As I said, there is my a PM for this.
@Boreas - Petty is you that cannot accept any kind of critics and just go with a flow. Also, you can always contact me.

·
7,205 Posts

@Beat I do love Future Islands. They got 8 points. I double checked the charts just to make sure Adey included it.

·
Registered
35,659 Posts

oh, i see it now, sorry about that. must have slipped a line or something. checking the charts on your phone is not always easy ;)

·
Registered
29,355 Posts

Yeah I know, I go internally ballistic anytime I see someone used a song (or my well hidden artist) I kept saving for later :lol: But you got double unlucky this time with a second Atlas Sound song from nowhere. I don't think I've seen anything like that.

I'm in Norway now and here autumn is like winter :lol:
Yeah... This sheet keeps happening to me all the time this year:

1. I sent an obscure Taeko Ohnuki song for the Japanese song - another person (aerosmash?) sent a Taeko Ohnuki song which ended up winning in the end! I finished 8th. Taeko Ohnuki was never to be seen again in the BSG...

2. I sent Giles, Giles & Fripp ft. Judy Dyble version of I Talk To the Wind for the weather game and Mauriac sends the more famous King Crimson version of the song - he ends up finishing 5th to my modest 17th.

3. I sent an Atlas Sound song (a band that was never nominated before), basically the only Atlas Sound song I really like (again after changing the song) - Histery ends up a strong 2nd with a different Atlas Sound song while I finish a middling 11th. At least I got two surprising 12s.

:smash:

Did you really move to Norway?

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Yeah... This sheet keeps happening to me all the time this year:

1. I sent an obscure Taeko Ohnuki song for the Japanese song - another person (aerosmash?) sent a Taeko Ohnuki song which ended up winning in the end! I finished 8th. Taeko Ohnuki was never to be seen again in the BSG...

2. I sent Giles, Giles & Fripp ft. Judy Dyble version of I Talk To the Wind for the weather game and Mauriac sends the more famous King Crimson version of the song - he ends up finishing 5th to my modest 17th.

3. I sent an Atlas Sound song (a band that was never nominated before), basically the only Atlas Sound song I really like (again after changing the song) - Histery ends up a strong 2nd with a different Atlas Sound song while I finish a middling 11th. At least I got two surprising 12s.

:smash:

Did you really move to Norway?
Jesus I remember this :smash: your version was better although I loved both

Yes, almost 11 months now :sobbing: my husband got a nice job and work conditions for himself in IT (that's why we moved) but my Polish diploma and work experience here is apparently worthless and i've never done "working class" jobs (been a paid journalist since I was 19 and earlier did Polish-English private translations, so I've never had to be a waitress or a house cleaner like "normal" students) so I can't land that without experience either, because there is such a big competition from Asian women and other Poles :lol: I must ask Litotes to fake my references, maybe he can be useful for once :eek:h:.

So it's not really great here. But the country is very pretty.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts