Tennis Forum banner

261 - 278 of 278 Posts

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,047 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 294 - Mathematician - Ceremony On!!!!

Nice to see the TFBSG GOAT reclaim some of his former glory :worship:

Thanks for all your work AdeyBear :bounce::cheer::crazy:

·
Registered
12,890 Posts

The most tuneless song won, congratulations tennisforum and histery!

Thank you De Lat for introducing me to Nuria and Cloud Fifteen that is definitely tuneful.

My cery decent post-rock instrumental placing 19th, oh well ... I should have not expected anything better as the winning track suggests.
And people said my song was bland. :lol:

Congrats histery - good to see you on the podium again. Thanks Adey for running the show.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I originally sent Alt-J's Tessellate. Joris screwed me out of a top 5 position. :sad:

Did not expect two 12's for my backup song though, so it's not all sour. 😄

·
Registered
7,410 Posts

*insert It's been 84 years GIF*

Really glad I managed to snatch the win in the end, might actually give me some motivation to play more games.

Congrats to the other podium finishers and Thank you master Adey!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,304 Posts

Awesome winner! It feels nice seeing Histery win again :eek:h: :hug:

·
***** Emeritus
40,961 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 294 - Mathematician - Congrats to histery

I originally sent Alt-J's Tessellate. Joris screwed me out of a top 5 position. :sad:
Ouch :hug: That song was on my list for a long time, so when I saw the theme I knew that was the song ;)

·
Registered
35,643 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 294 - Mathematician - Congrats to histery

congrats histery! nice return to form!
i regret not sending carla for the oceania game (i would have picked "we shouldn't have to wait") even more now :lol:

a big fat "thank you" to adey.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

It's certainly a negative aspect of these themes that people have to waste good bands for songs that aren't close to their best. Open games would always be stronger, if players were smarter.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts

Congrats on the win, histery! Great song - Actually seeing Carla del Forno live next month!
Thanks Adey, as always :hearts:

·
Registered
7,779 Posts

Ouch :hug: That song was on my list for a long time, so when I saw the theme I knew that was the song ;)
It's okay then because I just found it specially for this theme randomly searching for a word from the given list. :eek:h:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts

It's certainly a negative aspect of these themes that people have to waste good bands for songs that aren't close to their best. Open games would always be stronger, if players were smarter.
But the worst ones often do best :p

·
Registered
10,401 Posts

And people said my song was bland. :lol:

Congrats histery - good to see you on the podium again. Thanks Adey for running the show.
I disliked the melody of that Depeche Mode's song but unlike DM Carla del Torno's song has no melody at all. Having no melody is not a disadvantage of itself but it depends on the brand of music presented, and other assets presented (be it dynamic progression, minblowing layers being intertwined that can be based on 2 /3 chords even only).

But here a very bland, and maximally inoffensive choice won that naturally mildly caters to many at once, so not my thing at all.

But I guess there was enough people in which case the elephant stepped on their ear - Polish ... którym słoń nadepnął na ucho.

It's a Polish idiom that means to have a tin ear.

·
Registered
29,304 Posts

It's not my favourite Carla Dal Forno song either. She's still one of my faves though. Her radio show introduced me to a lot of nice music.

I really liked her Clusters EP from 2017, which would have been eligible for this theme too.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts

Congrats on the win, histery! Great song - Actually seeing Carla del Forno live next month!
Thanks Adey, as always :hearts:
I really liked your song. I'm sorry you didn't get on the podium.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts

I really liked your song. I'm sorry you didn't get on the podium.
Very Joy Division-ish music. I agree with you when it comes to @ArturJFC song. But somehow I did not give my points to it, shame on me as it's a big grower on me already after the game is over.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts

Very Joy Division-ish music. I agree with you when it comes to @ArturJFC song. But somehow I did not give my points to it, shame on me as it's a big grower on me already after the game is over.
That's a shame.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts

Hey dears, thanks for your thoughts on the song.
I love Boy Harsher to death. And, in all honesty, I don't play this game to be #1 in the ranks or whatever. If I know that someone was happy with the discovery, that is already my podium :hearts:

261 - 278 of 278 Posts