Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
18,963 Posts
Can we send a classical song?
Yes, definitely.

Mozart Requiem and Bach Toccata and Fugue come to mind.

Many genres could fit, though some less proper than others. Disco not very advisable for instance in this setting.

·
Registered
35,558 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 275 – Film Noir - Nominate!!!!

Actually there's many songs that could work from previously submitted tracks from a mix of genres. One way to consider is to think about whether your song could feature on a noir esque style film.
what about music that was actually used in a noir movie?

·
Registered
18,080 Posts
Don't complicate the theme...

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,396 Posts

Basically, in my view, this is a jazz theme, I can't really see how it could be anything else honestly. I like!!!

I already entered this one, but it is a goody and would have been perfect for this theme.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts

OK, will have to do some research.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts

Yes, definitely.

Mozart Requiem and Bach Toccata and Fugue come to mind.

Many genres could fit, though some less proper than others. Disco not very advisable for instance in this setting.
What about gothic disco? ;)

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,014 Posts

That feeling when the night is dark and full of terrors and the dead triumph over the living.

·
Trainwreck
58,031 Posts

Doesn't have to be jazz. I think trip-hop and other styles could work great too. Maybe some post-punk entries could hangover into this.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts

A jazz theme? Someone could have warned me :smash:
I made a search for gothic jazz artists and Kim Kardashian's name popped up :rolls:

As for warnings, I did vote classical, so.... ;)

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,396 Posts

Doesn't have to be jazz. I think trip-hop and other styles could work great too. Maybe some post-punk entries could hangover into this.
There are some trip-hop songs that could work, yes. Portishead music particularly often has a very noirish feel about it. And yes, over the last few decades there have been a few neo-noir films which have had a modern punk edge to them, so yes, certain moody post-punk entrees could work as well. Modern neo-noir films have untilised a wide range of musical genres over the years. That said, when I think of film noir I tend to think about films from the 1940s and 1950s. And the vast majority of these films are enhanced by moody jazzy soundtracks.

I must confess, classic 1940s Film Noir movies are a great passion of mine. I adore the black and white films from that era and along with 1930s/1940s screwball comedies, and 1960s European new wave films, those 1940s film noir pictures are ones that I still most enjoy watching. Yeah, given the choice between a 1940s film directed by Robert Siodmak, Otto Preminger, ​Nicholas Ray or Fritz Lang and a contemporary movie I will always opt for the 1940s flick. :D

Robert Mitchum, Peter Lorre, Gloria Grahame, Humphrey Bogart, Veronica Lake, Barbara Stanwyck, Gene Tierney, John Garfield, Edward G Robinson, I love all these guys and gals so much. :inlove:

·
Registered
18,080 Posts

I think that Film Noir is mostly 80% of jazz music. The best possible music and no one will fail if they "try" to submit great jazz pieces. In before I hear annoying "noises". :eek:h:

21 - 40 of 202 Posts