·
Administrator
66,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Reactions: Beat and The Crow

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 272 – Scandalous - Revealed Post 71/72

Anal C*nt - I'm Not That Kind Of Boy. You have got to be kidding me! :spit::haha:

And two songs above 10 minutes.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 272 – Scandalous - Revealed Post 71/72

I knew Dusty had worked with the PSB but it's so weird seeing her as an 80s diva. :lol:

·
Registered
36,245 Posts

My first thought about these guys were something else entirely. The two front men pretended to sing while in reality being lip-syncing dancers only. The real singers were never visible. They got a Grammy which was retracted when the scandal broke.
obviously that's the reason why it was chosen for this game. most scandals making up this playlist concern the private life or stage persona of the artist, but in the case of milli vanilli it was an actual "music business" scandal.

in the case of iggy pop, the firs thing to come to mind is nudity and self-mutilation on stage.

Womack and Womack: Cecil Womack proposed to Linda Cooke (Sam Cooke's daughter) before she was a teenager. Then there's their family tree. Cecil's brother Bobby was married to Linda's mother shortly after Sam Cooke died. When Cecil and Linda eventually married years later, Bobby became Cecil's stepfather in law.
i had to read this three times to understand what was going on :lol:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

...gotta say that the first semi was nothing to write much about, but things picked up considerably for the second semi... :)

not too hopeful about my chances here, there are much better choices out there...

·
***** Emeritus
41,859 Posts

This is not a great game. I can only find a couple of good songs in either semi.

·
Registered
30,503 Posts

A comment under Billie Eilish song:

billie: Exist
14 yr old girls: SO RELATABLE OMGG

:eek:h:

·
Registered
30,503 Posts

Billie Eilish - Drug addict at 16
“I have never done drugs, I’ve never got high, I’ve never smoked anything in my life. I don’t give a fuck, I never have. It’s just not interesting to me. I have other shit to do,” Eilish says. During a period where western teens have been experimenting with downer drugs, her message to young fans is clear. “I know people around you doing that shit makes you want to, but you don’t have to.” The song’s message, she says, is “less ‘don’t do drugs’; it’s more ‘be safe’”. It’s a plea that comes from her personal experiences with loss. “I don’t want my friends to die any more.”

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/29/billie-eilish-the-pop-icon-who-defines-21st-century-teenage-angst

·
Registered
30,503 Posts

Why is the comment section under Milli Vanilli full of people thanking Wendy Williams? Scandalous!

·
Registered
30,503 Posts

Unforgettable :inlove: Guilty pleasure :dance: Buganda :hi5:

·
Registered
36,245 Posts

Yep, I would like to know the scandals of some of these as well (not that I doubt it's true, just that I have no idea and I'm curious): Neil Young, Womack and Womack, Marlene Dietrich, Billy Joel, Dusty Springfield, Sammy Davis Jr.

There's only a few non-familiar artists in this list. Scandals will do that for you.
my guess is the dusty song is in this game not because of her personal life, but because it is about scandal. in fact it was recorded for the movie "scandal".

·
Registered
8,193 Posts

SF2 is sooo much better than SF1.

·
Registered
19,638 Posts

Gothic Erotic is just too ostentatious for my liking

·
Registered
12,423 Posts

I already apologize for not voting in the semis, I had absolutely no time to get through the songs. Haven't even listened to one. I am probably gonna vote for the finals, though.

·
Registered
13,735 Posts

I thought this was a good edition - I liked most of the songs in fact.

·
Registered
19,638 Posts

I don't think I'll make final but I can't be passed for originality.

·
Administrator
66,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
101 - 120 of 205 Posts