Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 229 Posts

·
7,149 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 270 – Gone But Not Forgotten - Nominate!!!!

I do wish to include the same rules as the other Dearly Departed games with regards to musical groups - if you are to nominate a musical group, the deceased had to have been the lead singer of the group or provide the lead vocals for the song nominated.

Using (ineligible) past artists as an example, The Prodigy would have been accepted if Keith Flint provided the lead vocals but not if Maxim was the lead vocalist for the nominated song.

Is it recently deceased?
That shouldn't make a difference as long as they're deceased.

oh yeah, winner pete shelley died only a few months ago, right?
That's correct. The theme was largely inspired by Pete Shelley never having been nominated as a solo artist previously.

·
Chionophile
40,063 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 270 – Gone But Not Forgotten - Nominate!!!!

That shouldn't make a difference as long as they're deceased.

Ok just wanted to make sure, I thought it was like deceased after 2000 or something.

·
***** Emeritus
40,751 Posts

I do wish to include the same rules as the other Dearly Departed games with regards to musical groups - if you are to nominate a musical group, the deceased had to have been the lead singer of the group or provide the lead vocals for the song nominated.

Using (ineligible) past artists as an example, The Prodigy would have been accepted if Keith Flint provided the lead vocals but not if Maxim was the lead vocalist for the nominated song.
Leaving space for huge discussions :yeah: :p

·
Registered
35,558 Posts

but would keith flint be eligible as a solo artist (if he had released any solo records), since he has never been nominated as a solo artist, like pete shelley?

i have a few options, but it's not easy. doing some research, i realized how even less known artists – like recently laura nyro or warren zevon – have already been submitted. hell, joris even wasted isaac hayes on the cartoons game! :lol:

·
Registered
18,080 Posts
Finally good themes (apart from 269)

·
***** Emeritus
40,751 Posts

hell, joris even wasted isaac hayes on the cartoons game! :lol:
Oh right, lol, sorry :lol: (But Adam would have nominated the song even if I hadn't ;))

And I nominated Chef (who admittedly is also dead), not Isaac Hayes ;) So you could get away with it.

·
Premium Member
36,973 Posts

I have an excellent song to submit but need to kill the artist before the dead line.

Not sure to succeed but let's be honest that's what makes this game exciting. :)

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,014 Posts

A perfect game for my pretentious and defunct taste :yeah:

I would also regard it as a crime against humanity if @Shvedbarilescu did not participate.

·
Registered
35,558 Posts

absolutely, @Shvedbarilescu (yes, I shamelessly repeated the handle) is sorely missed. I hope he comes back soon.

·
Registered
35,558 Posts

surely he needs something to lighten up his mood? and what's more perfect for that purpose than BSG?

·
7,149 Posts

but would keith flint be eligible as a solo artist (if he had released any solo records), since he has never been nominated as a solo artist, like pete shelley?
Yes, if it existed Keith Flint's solo work is eligible.

Another example would be George Harrison. His solo work or The Beatles would be ineligible since both acts have been nominated before. The Traveling Wilburys would be eligible since the band has never been nominated, provided the nominated song features Harrison on lead vocals.

·
Registered
28,851 Posts

surely he needs something to lighten up his mood? and what's more perfect for that purpose than BSG?
I think it's against his religion of Brexit to enjoy life. It's a very strict cult.

·
Administrator
62,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

6 songs nominated overnight :

1 AdeyC
2 aerosmash
3 Laurent Moy
4 histery
5 SilverPersian
6 Owl-on-speed

·
夏の匂い。キ&#
104,566 Posts
Too bad I nominated Nujabes twice :lol:

Lots of options to choose from... Hopefully there would be a big game for once

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

I have an excellent song to submit but need to kill the artist before the dead line.

Not sure to succeed but let's be honest that's what makes this game exciting. :)
Anything to win, right? I like that approach :lol:

21 - 40 of 229 Posts