Tennis Forum banner

641 - 648 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
12,444 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 20 – Congrats to our winner Monzanator

I have a feeling the new category will make me postpone nominating the song I originally intended for game 24.

·
52,511 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 20 – Congrats to our winner Monzanator

Sorry, I had missed the info...

I don't why but I have a strange feeling about this :tape:
you'll find an excuse to submit Aqua :devil:

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,433 Posts

There's a song I've been postponing several times... I feel I will enter it this time. let's just hope it will fit the category :lol:

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,660 Posts

I have a feeling a lot of people will have to postpone their picks ;)

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
35,280 Posts

I have a feeling a lot of people will have to postpone their picks ;)
:haha: Cool. I am always adaptable. As long as it isn't "power ballads" or "AOR rock" I am sure I will be able to find something. :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

Congrats, Manzanator!!! What a huge song you submitted, it had speed, power and was a real blaster. So my 12 points totally deserved.

And thanks once again for putting it all together, Adey. You're the master!! :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
40,461 Posts
From my experience I will answer a point of your post: our taste is NEVER fully developped. Mine is developping, evolving constantly. I still keep liking some musics less or more than some years and weeks ago. So my opinion is that taste developpes constantly. It is something "living", always "on the move". For any true music lover, there's that thing that makes "tilt!" here and then, probably till the last breathe.
Case in point: Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation" didn't get any point from me in this game. I explained that by "too bad she grunts too much". I wasn't familiar with her recordings history. Probably only knew "I love rock'n'roll", that never especially grabbed me as something very tasty or subtle.

Now I love Joan Jett. She joined a list of many favorites of mine (the list never ceases to grow). Something tilted, when I played some months ago the Runaways and some solo albums of her from YT. "Bad Reputation" may still be not my favorite recording of her (not right away to the least), though I may admit it's one of her best all things reckoned (especially compared to the original), but it would have got points from me today.

Among the things I realized with Jett, is that she pays tribute to the rock'n'roll spirit with everything she does, with attitude, a specific sound (from the early punk/hard rock era). She makes covers her own. The weak side is that it may always sound the same at some point, but if you love that sound... it's a blast and you can cherish it forever.

·
Registered
12,444 Posts
Case in point: Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation" didn't get any point from me in this game. I explained that by "too bad she grunts too much". I wasn't familiar with her recordings history. Probably only knew "I love rock'n'roll", that never especially grabbed me as something very tasty or subtle.

Now I love Joan Jett. She joined a list of many favorites of mine (the list never ceases to grow). Something tilted, when I played some months ago the Runaways and some solo albums of her from YT. "Bad Reputation" may still be not my favorite recording of her (not right away to the least), though I may admit it's one of her best all things reckoned (especially compared to the original), but it would have got points from me today.

Among the things I realized with Jett, is that she pays tribute to the rock'n'roll spirit with everything she does, with attitude, a specific sound (from the early punk/hard rock era). She makes covers her own. The weak side is that it may always sound the same at some point, but if you love that sound... it's a blast and you can cherish it forever.
Great memory. I couldn't recall what I gave Bad Reputation (I checked, 10 in the SF, 7 in the F. Always liked Joan Jett).

One thing I do remember about this game is that it was the last time I was convinced I would reach the final. Having missed here I've never been convinced again (provided there were SFs at all).

641 - 648 of 648 Posts