Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 496 Posts

·
Trainwreck
58,031 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Eleven – Movie Soundtracks

I'm assuming any song that was featured on a film's soundtrack CD/vinyl/whatever. Anything else would be unfair/false advertising :eek:h:.

Nice category Ben ;).

·
Trainwreck
58,031 Posts

It's really hard to pick. I wasn't expecting this and hadn't really considered something from a film before :eek:.

·
Trainwreck
58,031 Posts

Sent. Didn't expect to choose this particular song at this point in time, but it was always a possibility :D.

·
THE LADY IN BLACK
9,206 Posts

It's really hard to pick. I wasn't expecting this and hadn't really considered something from a film before :eek:.
I was expecting it and still wasn't ready for it! This is yet another Final I'm going to miss. My first choice was skipping this week, but I couldn't do that.
My first song choice didn't work out for reasons I obviously can't state so I just went with something simple. And I know when I see all the other songs I'll think why couldn't I think of that!

·
The fucking Venus Williams
8,103 Posts

I am not sure it should necessarily be written for the film. A lot of existing songs are included on movie soundtracks. Why would they be ruled out?
I'm gonna make an example, take Madonna's 1990 "Vogue" hit, it was featured in the Devil Wears Prada film and soundtrack 16 years after the release of the song, why would it be included in the movie soundtracks game?

there are plenty of songs written for films so finding them won't be difficult, anyway just my opinion

·
Kookie Supporter
67,115 Posts

I'm gonna make an example, take Madonna's 1990 "Vogue" hit, it was featured in the Devil Wears Prada film and soundtrack 16 years after the release of the song, why would it be included in the movie soundtracks game?

there are plenty of songs written for films so finding them won't be difficult, anyway just my opinion
Why would it not, if it fits the theme? To me, it is not a good idea to limit a category too much. But I understand what you are saying. I am not too familiar with movie soundtracks, so I was happy to at least find something. :p

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,688 Posts

I was expecting it and still wasn't ready for it! This is yet another Final I'm going to miss. My first choice was skipping this week, but I couldn't do that.
My first song choice didn't work out for reasons I obviously can't state so I just went with something simple. And I know when I see all the other songs I'll think why couldn't I think of that!
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling the same way :lol: especially for the 80's theme :lol:

Probably the song you sent to Adey 5 mn before me. :lol:
:eek: :eek: Wow I really didn't think anyone else would pick that song :eek: And to think that I almost didn't send it right away because I was looking for a video with the movie in it :eek:

I wonder if we're talking about the same song, but it could be possible :)

In any case let's drink to finally having the same opinion about a song :aparty: :spit: :lol:

·
Kookie Supporter
67,115 Posts

I guess my song does meet the criteria. I am not sure if it was written for the film especially though. It was used in the movie and appears on the soundtrack however.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts

I agree "Vogue" is not in the sprit of this category.

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,014 Posts

Voted for the first time :D

·
Premium Member
36,955 Posts

Some people seem to be making far too much out of this.
There's no problem. We are just sharing views. If competitors chose a song partly famous through the movie featuring it, let's go for it.

Example: "Unchained Melody". It's not a song recorded for Ghost (the version used was a big hit in 1965 by the Righteous Brothers, a cover of a big hit covered several times previously, to boot), but it gained (the Righteous Brothers one) a new popularity with Ghost, so why not.

We chose a category for game 11, let's keep that category open! :lol:

·
Kookie Supporter
67,115 Posts

I never said there was a problem, like others I shared my view. I just don't think it should be too limited. Featured in a movie or found on the official movie soundtrack is good enough for me. I don't think it necessarily needs to be written for the film or to be mainly known for the film.

·
Premium Member
36,955 Posts

I never said there was a problem, like others I shared my view. I just don't think it should be too limited. Featured in a movie or found on the official movie soundtrack is good enough for me. I don't think it necessarily needs to be written for the film or to be mainly known for the film.
In the view to keep the game open to many people, I agree.

Otherwise I make a difference between a movie soundtrack and a simple song used for the movie.

There's a real work between a director, a lyricist, a musician, and actors/actresses singing the song (if they happen to do so). Some musicians especialize in musics for movies or screenplays, and it's something totally different than simply writings musics or songs on your own.

·
Kookie Supporter
67,115 Posts

In the view to keep the game open to many people, I agree.

Otherwise I make a difference between a movie soundtrack and a simple song used for the movie.

There's a real work between a director, a lyricist, a musician, and actors/actresses singing the song (if they happen to do so). Some musicians especialize in musics for movies or screenplays, and it's something totally different than simply writings musics or songs on your own.
That is certainly true. It is quite a different task to try and capture the mood of the film in a song.

41 - 60 of 496 Posts