Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 496 Posts

·
THE LADY IN BLACK
9,206 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Eleven – Movie Soundtracks

I like a lot of songs from movies, but normally I don't like the singers that sing the song in the movies! So I can't see me making the Final in this contest at all! But I did send something in rather than not playing. However, not playing was my first choice so you can imagine what my song is like :tape: :ignore: :help:

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,694 Posts

·
Kookie Supporter
67,115 Posts

Have sent my song. I don't know much about movie soundtracks (beyond the obvious ones), so it took some going through the Wikipedia page for Film Soundtracks and a site that sells movie soundtracks to find something that fitted. But I managed to find a song that I would have wanted to send at some point (I didn't know it had been featured on that soundtrack, have never the actual movie either).

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,396 Posts

it would've been a Cheeky song :p
Cheek to Cheek? Yeah, it would be cool if someone in this game has the courage to dig back pre 1960s and into the depths of the 1930s or 40s and find a good Cole Porter, Gershwin or Rodgers & Hart tune or something along those lines in this contest. Not sure it will happen. Generally the vast majority of competitors in this game have been even reluctant to venture as far back as the 60s. But if someone were to pick a nice Astaire/Rogers song for example, they would certainly get good points from me. :)

·
Registered
11,815 Posts

Already changed my pick :lol:

·
45,694 Posts

Cheek to Cheek? Yeah, it would be cool if someone in this game has the courage to dig back pre 1960s and into the depths of the 1930s or 40s and find a good Cole Porter, Gershwin or Rodgers & Hart tune or something along those lines in this contest. Not sure it will happen. Generally the vast majority of competitors in this game have been even reluctant to venture as far back as the 60s. But if someone were to pick a nice Astaire/Rogers song for example, they would certainly get good points from me. :)
Yes it would've been Cheek to Cheek, but then I remembered another song I liked better :p But I was really close to sending it, maybe another time :p

I do hope we'll have some Classic Movies, even if you'll have to admit that at the time, the business of Movie Music wasn't so developped as now (I think I read somewhere recently that the first full Movie Soundtrack Album was released in the late fourties)

·
Registered
4,026 Posts

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but, what makes a song eligible for this game? Just being played in a movie? Or maybe if it was recorded solely for a film? Can someone explain? thanks in advance

·
Registered
27,292 Posts

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but, what makes a song eligible for this game? Just being played in a movie? Or maybe if it was recorded solely for a film? Can someone explain? thanks in advance
It's not a dumb question :yeah:
I was wondering the same actually and I posted similar question

·
The fucking Venus Williams
8,103 Posts

I has to be written for a film in my opinion and featured in the film and or film soundtrack

·
Kookie Supporter
67,115 Posts

I has to be written for a film in my opinion and featured in the film and or film soundtrack
I am not sure it should necessarily be written for the film. A lot of existing songs are included on movie soundtracks. Why would they be ruled out?

·
45,694 Posts

I'd say (but that's extremely subjective) a song that's mainly known for the movie it was featured in :shrug:

·
Registered
36,687 Posts

In and sent

it's a song I listened some days ago, a song that I love. Maybe not the best choice, but instinct reminded me to that song instantaneously :lol:

·
Registered
10,826 Posts

My song is written for a movie :eek:h: It's fantastic if you ask me. Don't know if it will make the final though.

21 - 40 of 496 Posts