Tennis Forum banner

How desperate are you to get The Tennis Channel?

• I absolutely MUST have it.

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • I would REALLY love it, but I can do without it if I must.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I would LIKE it, but without it I'm fine.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Having it or not having it, doesn't make a big difference to me.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I don't want this channel AT ALL.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I MUST have it. For now I don't, but DirecTV generally has ALL the sports programming so I am pretty sure they will eventually get it. I want it NOW though!! :sad:

:wavey: ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Now

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Must have now!

Here is the email response I got back from my cable company Brighthouse Network formerly Time Warner:

Thank you for your recent request regarding the addition of The Tennis Channel to our lineup.

We value you as a customer and welcome your requests to carry additional channels. While we regret that we are currently not carrying the specific channel you requested, we will forward your petition to our programming department for consideration. At Bright House Networks, we are proud of the amount of channels we offer to our customers, and are always looking to add
new channels to our services. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or suggestions you may have regarding your service. Please keep checking our website for new product announcements and updates.

The suggestions that we receive from our customers are very valuable and provide us with the opportunity to make changes that will ultimately allow us to serve you better.

If you have additional questions or need clarification, feel free to contact one of our friendly customer service professionals at 1-877-892-3279.

Thank you for choosing Bright House Networks for all of your family
entertainment needs.

Bright House Networks Customer Care
Central Florida Division
===============================================================
In addition to accessing the latest information about our cable services,
you
now have the ability to check your balance and view or pay your bill online.
===============================================================
Email Support: mailto:[email protected]
Online Support: http://www.cfl.mybrighthouse.com/
Web Self Care And Bill Payment: https://secure.cfl.mybrighthouse.com/

ZS - 750

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Meesh...that was such a form letter =P

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I wish I would be able to have it. I lvie in Argentina, maybe Direct TV will cast it here, but I don't think so. It'll be VERY hard. Hope at least some years from now it can reach Argentina.

Acutally now, we have NO tv coverage from the WTA except for the Grand Slams. HOW SAD & PATHETIC IS THAT!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Joaco

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I MUST HAVE IT NOW! the end.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I NEED IT! :mad:

I actually emailed Comcast a few days ago but they didnt bother writing me back :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well, I would like to have this channel, the fact that MOST cable providers have NEVER heard if it and could care less is a problem.

Meanwhile they will give us more "shopping channels" and "Physic networks" that no sane person wants.

It would have been great to see the Fed cup on this channel, but I am not holding my breath foe its appearance on my cable system.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
And the Auto Racing Channel :|

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Well said VS Fan. I would gladly give up 10-20 useless channels that I currently get but don't watch for the Tennis Channel. I've gone to the local Comcast office as well as writing to them. If I get a dish or something, can I get it? Does anyone know?

Here's what Comcast wrote back to me (the same day response):

Thank you for writing to Comcast.

I understand you would like to receive Tennis channel. I apologize for
any inconvenience that you may be experiencing.

As you've requested, I have submitted a ticket to have this channel
added to the lineup for your area. Thank you for your feedback.

If you have any further billing related questions or issues you wish to
discuss, please feel free to write back into us.

Thank you again for contacting Comcast.

Armin S
Comcast Online Customer Support Center

I'm trying to be patient and optimistic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,399 Posts
M_pIeRcE14 said:
I NEED IT! :mad:

I actually emailed Comcast a few days ago but they didnt bother writing me back :rolleyes:

I e-mailed Comcast, too and they replied saying that they will include the Tennis Channel if more people ask for it or something.

I mean here in NJ they have the Golf Channel!!!! GRR and a bunch of Spanish channels and Asian channels and 44 million infomercial channels!! what a waste!

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Creating a channel that isn't even broadcasted to half of the nation, yet takes coverages that was serving most of the bloody continent, was an absolutely horrendous idea. Whoever the boneheads were that sold the rights of all the European masters series to a channel that wasn't even running, need to be lined up and shot.

I'm lucky - at least in Canada we got some coverage, from a non American network. It's the Americans who got no coverage because of this that got ripped off.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Rebecca said:
Creating a channel that isn't even broadcasted to half of the nation, yet takes coverages that was serving most of the bloody continent, was an absolutely horrendous idea. Whoever the boneheads were that sold the rights of all the European masters series to a channel that wasn't even running, need to be lined up and shot.
Only if I get a shot at them too :devil:

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Yea shap_half. I actually used to live in Northern Jersey, but Im in CT now. Comcast is pretty new here, it used to be AT&T Cable, so I guess I will email them quite a few more times.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
shap_half said:
I e-mailed Comcast, too and they replied saying that they will include the Tennis Channel if more people ask for it or something.

I mean here in NJ they have the Golf Channel!!!!
Key Investors

Comcast Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
Tribune Company, Chicago, Ill.

Senior Management of The Golf Channel
  • the Golf Channel=owned! Besides, Comcast may have a little private score to settle with our game. Thier founder (Ed Snider) also owns the Flyers (whom he also founded) and the Sixers in Philly. The Flyers' GM, Bobby Clarke (an NHL Hall of Famer for them - thus Ed - as a player, who helped win their only 2 Stanley Cups) despises one David Gander, the agent for several Russian hockey players and um, one Russian tennis player. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
God help us all if this gets on the air before TTC :mad:

Reality TV Channel Planned
Apr 28, 12:22 AM EST

Associated Press

The audience appetite for reality television could be tested by a planned cable channel that will offer a diet of all reality, all the time.

Reality Central, scheduled to debut in early 2004, is being developed by Larry Namer, co-founder of E! Entertainment Television, and Blake Mycoskie, a businessman who was a reality show contestant.

Namer and Mycoskie contend that reality TV has proved its staying power and can attract and hold enough viewers for a niche channel.

"Reality is now a genre, just like any other genre," Namer said in an interview last week. The venture was to be announced Monday.

"Right now it has a cultlike following, and we're not saying that's going to exist forever," he said. "But I think this type of programming will remain a genre just by the basic economics of it and what it does for a network."

Networks have found success with such hit series as Fox's "American Idol" and CBS' "Survivor." The shows are especially popular among the young adult viewers favored by advertisers.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Wow, I'm the only one that voted "Having it or not having it, doesn't make a big difference to me"

I seriously could not care less. I hardly watch TV as it is and to watch a channel about tennis with very little tennis or just smaller tournaments just does not appeal to me. I don't think the channel is going to be all that great anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts