Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,000 Posts
[email protected] him.. The Tennis Channel, the way it is being done, is the worst thing that could have happened. Given their coverage ( up to 3-4 millions of houses by the end of year ) and their [email protected] exclusive rights, they've just robbed the rest of the tennis fans fin USA from seeing practically any non-Slam tennis for god knows how long. I only hope they won't last long..

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
ys said:
[email protected] him.. The Tennis Channel, the way it is being done, is the worst thing that could have happened. Given their coverage ( up to 3-4 millions of houses by the end of year ) and their [email protected] exclusive rights, they've just robbed the rest of the tennis fans fin USA from seeing practically any non-Slam tennis for god knows how long. I only hope they won't last long..
All I can say is WOW.......... :)

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
I dont think the guys even answering the questions, mines been sitting there forever!!!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Interesting. Here's some of the info:

Their new new new new new new new launch date is May 15.

Regarding who's going to carry the Tennis Channel:

To date we have Time Warner, Cox & NCTC and are about to announce 3 others.

Each of those cable operators have hundreds of cable systems around America that will be rolling out over the next year. Markets like San Diego, Palm Springs, Appleton WI, Syracuse NY and a plethora of others are lit up now.

We are really hoping to get DirecTV soon - they need to hear from tennis players (800) DirecTV

The network looks incredible. I watched for 18 hours over the weekend and got to see Venus and Serena play 5 lives matches. The graphics and shorts are fantastic.

Regarding the Tennis Channel's website:

Our website is the worst website in the history of the web. We are close to a major overhaul that will then be very reflective and interactive with the network.

Eventually you will be able to get stats on all kinds of things while you are watching a match.

I hate making excuses but we are launching an entire cable network with a handful of people. The Golf Channel has more people in their internet depart than we have running our entire network.

We will get it together soon.

There's a bit more, but I thought this was the most interesting.

Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
ys said:
As I had forseen for months given a blatant lie on their website last year.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
no info on dish network? :sad:

looks like I need to write them snail mail. :rolleyes:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,000 Posts
anton said:
at least time warner is getting it! :wavey:
Not everywhere. Whether it'll be in NYC is still an open question..

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,000 Posts
anton said:
how do you know that?
There is nothing on their website. And in that conference the question about TW in NYC was asked one of the first. He ignored it, and it is absolutely out of question that if he had a positive answer about such a lucrative market as NYC, he would not have given it. So, at this point he obviously has no answer.

·
Original Queen, Majestic V!
4,897 Posts
ys said:
Not everywhere. Whether it'll be in NYC is still an open question..
Part of the 15 year agreement with Time Warner includes a proviso that TTC will be available on ALL its (TW) systems within a year of the official launch date.

The official launch date is 5-15-03. Good Luck ...

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
all i know is that I am not sol for the tournaments I used to see on espn and oxygen!

Pete sampras you and your tennis channel SUCK!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts