Tennis Forum banner
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
This doesn't even surprise me to be honest, it's been a while since she showed she had some potential. Of course it was mainly in ITFs but you could see there was something bigger to expect from her, the issue being physical as she had to take breaks from the courts several times. Now she's in good shape and her game is improved and more reliable maybe, she's getting what she has earned :)

Wonderful to see her in a WTA semifinal still. She made good use of this average field and now she's breaking the top 150 and maybe more soon :yeah:

·
Registered
58,616 Posts
Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
58,616 Posts

Happy for her. So long on hard ITF Tour. And now at 26 yo finally the WTA breakthrough.
I also like her game/strokes. From what I saw she is a smart player. And her experience shows.
Nothing to lose tomorrow in the final vs Top seed, home favourite and world #11 Sevastova.

·
Registered
58,616 Posts
Katarzyna lost the WTA Jurmala final 6-3 5-7 4-6 to Sevastova :hug:

A close match. Sevastova was more experienced/mentally stronger, won the important points.
Katarzyna had a 6-3 2-0 lead. The match/final was winnable. A painful loss.

A successful tournament for her. I wonder if she will continue this high level or if this was a fluke ...
Her backhand down the line is impressive. She can hit beautiful strong winners with it.

Kawa
26 Winners 38 UEs
Sevastova
21 Winners 38 UEs

Total points won
91 Kawa
92 Sevastova

·
Registered
58,616 Posts

·
Registered
58,616 Posts

·
Registered
58,616 Posts

·
Registered
58,616 Posts

·
Registered
58,616 Posts

Reactions: Jerem

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
Kasia is on the Q list for WTA Palermo, starting on August 3rd (as for now).
She's already playing this week though as top seed in the Polish National Championships in Bytom.

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
Kasia is on the US Open entry list! With the tournament not holding qualifying this year, main draw cut-off has been expanded and Kasia is just IN. She could well chose to go, it would be her very first Grand Slam MD appearance, but it's still up to her.

161 - 180 of 210 Posts