Tennis Forum banner
201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Retired
8,852 Posts
Kasia came back to the courts this week in Marbella (125k) but lost in the first round of singles to Nastasja Schunk unfortunately. However, once again she showed how good of a doubles player she actually is by reaching the final with Vivian Heisen! They lost in the match tie-break.

As a result, Kasia will move up a little more inside the WTA Doubles top 100 tomorrow with a new career-high of #94 (y)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Kasia in singles final of Bonita Springs 100K!
So happy to see her playing well and that doubles form inspired better singles form as well. Much needed points and boost of confidence after struggles.

Sports equipment Tennis player Tennis Tennis Equipment Racketlon

She had MTO for back in set 2, glad it didn't turn to 3 setter and I hope she'll be ready for tomorrow.

Shorts Blue Hat Chair Leisure

Shorts Entertainment Leisure Recreation Performing arts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Sadly Kasia lost the final to Talaba-Lee 1:6, 3:6. First set she didn't really mark her presence, trying to attack but sending balls too wide or too long and generally making way too many UEs. Gabriela was also playing very well, mixing it up and hitting many winners, especially some impressive 1 handed bhs. In set 2 Kasia started really well,very focused and precise - she managed to play good deep balls and use her chances to attack and to get 3-0, unfortunately from there she wasted a bp for 4:0, more errors started creeping in again and Lee found her rythm one more time and basically didn't look back.

Kasia has still doubles [Edit -semi] final to play so hopefully she'll get another title in doubles. Fingers crossed 🤞

Generally this week it was a very good display from our player and I hope she can continue to play well.

In live ranking this gives her jump to 135 place (y)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Kasia/Olga Govortsova def. Osuigwe/Zarazua and are in doubles final now (I was mistaken before being suggested by the fact it's sunday haha)
Babos/Hibino were waiting for them since yesterday.

Hat Shorts Sunglasses Sun hat Cap

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for posting! She seems like such a sweet person. She really did deserve that wild card for Poland Open. I was kinda pissed when the organizer who was on didnt fully acknowledge Kasia's point about them being ageist and then went on to say they made a decision to give wild cards to gorls 15-21. Wasnt Bernie Pera one of the first wildcards announced?

201 - 213 of 213 Posts