Tennis Forum banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
This is so sad. There's already so few occasions to play and earn a living for her nowadays... And she hasn't got many occasions to play GS qualies since she reached these ranking spots a year ago :(

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
That's a tough misadventure. She's right about the reliability issues of the tests, but on the other hand it's not like there was a more effective and quick test available for such repeated testing and the tournament organizers have no real choice. It's just a shitty time, really, and she had no luck. Of course, from behind the scenes she may have an insight on what can be improved and I wish her much success in that regard, she has all my respect and support.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any other case like her so far among players, given how often they have to face these tests.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That's a tough misadventure. She's right about the reliability issues of the tests, but on the other hand it's not like there was a more effective and quick test available for such repeated testing and the tournament organizers have no real choice. It's just a shitty time, really, and she had no luck. Of course, from behind the scenes she may have an insight on what can be improved and I wish her much success in that regard, she has all my respect and support.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any other case like her so far among players, given how often they have to face these tests.
Yep, but maybe they should do two tests instead of one. I believe every test can be wrong in some small %. Also there is one weird thing about it because she was allowed to come back to Poland and from what I read she should quarantine in hotel for around 7 days after positive test.

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
Yep, but maybe they should do two tests instead of one. I believe every test can be wrong in some small %. Also there is one weird thing about it because she was allowed to come back to Poland and from what I read she should quarantine in hotel for around 7 days after positive test.
Yeah, I wondered too about her being already back in Poland... Maybe she was allowed to leave Paris under conditions.
As for the test, I agree. Especially since she had already done one test before that which turned out to be negative and then didn't have much occasions to catch the virus before the second one. But by the time she knew she was positive, it was maybe too late to do another one as she was supposed to play the day right after, and it takes quite some time to get results. So I can't say.

Also, currently in France it's particularly hard to get quickly tested, let alone get the results as laboratories are overwhelmed and it's a big issue being discussed daily here. The FO probably has some priority access to testing but I'm not sure they can make so much better in just a few hours (which is sad). One of my workmates had to wait 3 days to get his results in August and so we were all asked to remain at home as a precaution during this time of waiting, and it's all happening around Paris... It's a mess.

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
This hadn't been a wonderful year for Kasia but she's having some good moments now, winning two doubles titles with Magda Frech (80k Macon two weeks ago and 100k Charleston yesterday) and reaching the singles final in Charleston with style with back-to-back straight set wins over Catherine Bellis, Lauren Davis and Renata Zarazua! That's some incredible run! She's going to face Mayar Sherif for the title in just a few hours.

http://instagr.am/p/CHTk4AeA7RB/

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
In spite of the loss, Kasia's run to the final made her jump a few spots in the rankings and reach a new career-high at #112 this week (y)

She has also a new career-high in doubles, ranked No.173 following her titles with Magda Frech.

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
Kasia is still looking for a win this year, at least she won a set this week against Diane Parry in Zagreb (W60).
But she won the doubles title with Barbara Haas today and I hope she will take some confidence from that! 🏆

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
I thought she was maybe going to get a win last week in Parma as she had a 6-4 3-2 lead over di Giuseppe but ended up losing this one too. Fortunately she has this doubles title from W60 Zagreb a few weeks ago, at least she has won something lately! Otherwise it's becoming a little concerning.

I remember this particular moment during the Fed Cup tie versus Brazil, when she started to play wonderfully to get a 4-2 40-15 lead over Alves (if I'm correct), but didn't sustain this level and lost the set. She can do so well, hopefully she will find a way to get better soon.

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
Kasia lost again in the first round in Bol (WTA 125), 4-6 6-4 5-7 to Bara which has looked quite good lately. She's maybe getting closer to the end of this 11 match losing streak...

On the other hand, she's now on a 9 match WINNING streak in doubles as she has just won the biggest title of her career so far, still in Bol ! She and Bolsova defeated Dzalamidze/Kania, Haas/Zarazua, Arruabarrena/Errani and Gorgodze/Mihalikova. Well done !

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
It's celebration time, guys! A week after reaching the final of the National Polish Championsips in Bytom, Kasia made the quarterfinals of the WTA event of Gdynia with wins over Mrdeza and Begu :) She lost in three sets to Kateryna Kozlova today, but she showed with great smile how she was happy to be playing there and that was so good to see.

Hopefully the losing streaks are finally over for good!
I really hope that this event will remain there for some time too.

·
Retired
8,439 Posts
I fear 2021 will remain as a more than average season for Kasia in singles, at least there's no more losing streak. It's another story in doubles though, she won her 3rd title of the year yesterday in Rancho Santa Fe (W60) with Tereza Mihalikova! They defeated Liang/Marino in the final.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts