Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No surprises for the swiss team against Slowakia.
Teamboss Zoltan Kuharszky and Captain Annemarie Rüegg anounced the following team:
Patty Schnyder
Emmanuelle Gagliardi
Miroslava Vavrinec
Myriam Casanova

Just in case Mirca won't be able to compete due to her ongoing foot problems she'll be replaced by Daniela Casanova.

The team is preparing in the national tennis-center in Biel over the weekend and is heading of to Bratislava on thuesday.

Also in the slowak team no surprises.
Daniela Hantuchova
Henrietta Nagyova
Janette Husarova
Martina Suche
are nominated.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Why doesn't Martina Hingis play Fed Cup for her country?

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
These matchups would be great to see.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Martina Hingis might get back to the team when they manage to reach the next round.

Unfortunately right now Fed Cup isn't on her priority list. But there are several reason why she isn't playing.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mirca out

As almost expected Miroslava Vavrinec anounced her forfait for the Fed Cup due to her ongoing food problems.
She'll be replaced by Daniela Casanova.

·
Registered
812 Posts
What are Marty's real reasons for not playing the Fed Cup?
I d love to know...
BTW the problem is that the Swiss players are not Swiss... I m not sure Switzerland should play the Fed Cup.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Patty has been playing great tennis lately and also Emmanuelle had some good results, so Switzerland has got all the chances to beat Slovakia...

GOOD LUCK TO THE SWISS TEAM!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gus guess you have to ask Martina for the real reason. One thing for sure is that she want to concentrate on her own carrer. And playing Fed-Cup right now just doesn't match with her shedule......

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Vamos Swiss! :kiss:

·
Registered
36,271 Posts
doris, do you think marie-gaiane will ever play for the fed cup team? i heard she has/had some big problems with the swiss tennis federation. no progress there, then?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beat unfortunately I have no clue if the differences between the family Mikaelian and the Tennis federation is solved. But apparently not otherwise MGM for sure would have made it to the team.

But even without her I believe the Swiss Team still stands its chances against Hantuchova + co.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
jay_k: I don't think so. Usually is Top Rank Player Team 1 Vs Top Rank Player Team 2.

That would see a Daniela/Patty confrontation, which should be VERY interesting.

I doubt that either of the Casanova sisters will see singles action unless either Patty or Emmanuelle get injured.

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts
Go Switzerland! :D ;)

Kisses :wavey:
Marta

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
I want Slovakia to win because I like Hantuchova. What do u mean by the Swiss players are not really swiss? I know Hingis is slovakian, but Patty and Emanuelle are Swiss right?

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
I'm not sure mboyle. But regardless of where certain players are born, Martina is Swiss thourgh and through.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts