Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loads of people are living under a roof, have enough in the fridge to eat, have own sanitary, have a TV ( I don't care about that to be honest ), an Internet connection, a car, friends, family, etc. About friends ? Don't count on them, they only are
there when you have money : to be short when you are in the good world of life : not the homeless one : as soon you become one they will turn their backs on you ! Family ? My family they didn't care about me at all ! Being homeless, you encounter at times for a little chat some great people but don't make yourself illusions, they won't become your friends. They do want to listen to your issues but it stops there ! They won't give you are roof, nor money, nor a job ! Or you encounter bad people like in homeless shelters where you meet really bad people who only want to bring yourself down and you are lucky if you don't end up at the hospital with injuries after they beat you up. Loads of them have no particular intelligence nor capacity to think by themselves... You have also looters ! People who loot your devices or clothes just because they can't afford them ! Well, what's the life of a guy on the street ? You have to wake up before 7 am so you have all the time to prepare yourself for the day : you don't have a shower nor toilets, you feel most of the time very dirty but you have no choice unless you go to some day centres where you can take a shower or go to the toilets ! You go to them, you try to find some ways to entertain yourself which is very difficult as most of the time you have a very low morale. You do talk with others who have the same problems like you but most of them are foreigners : the true fact about Brussels ( Belgium ). Insecurity is very high. You have to take care of your own like there's no tomorrow. You can't sleep at night straight as you wake up several times ! It means you have very bad nights ! You can't eat as you would like ! You have social workers/educators but I think they are hypocrites ! As soon their job is done, they are back in their houses and don't think anymore about you 'till they go back to work !

You also feel not free at all in your mind : you are like in a psychological prison from where you want to escape because the homeless world is so hard to live and to accept. You also are into a financial prison also where loads of things are too expensive for you ! You can't pay what normal people do and it's very painful ! When you live around a train station : when you see loads of people going to travel and you can't : it's another hell. You become jealous about them and envy them but you are powerless ! If you lot have still friends or family : enjoy it when it last because one day or another you can become homeless and all alone in this world. If you still are a kid/teenager : respect your parents even if they are very annoying at times : it generally is for your own good and not just to annoy you. Becoming homeless is the worst thing after incurable diseases ! If you want to ask me some questions about the homeless situation, I will answer to you without hiding stuff. When you become homeless while it shouldn't be your world, it's even harder to accept the fact and you have more and more suicidal thoughts ! What did I do to deserve such thing you often ask yourself ? And for this question I haven't found the answer.

Don't fall into the trap of journalist coverage about homelessness it often is very far from the truth !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you still homeless? And what led to you becoming homeless?
Still homeless and some people who have abused of me when I had money ! Well when you have money there are fake people coming in your life and never keep their promises ! It's so funny for them to crook people

·
Registered
12,339 Posts
Still homeless and some people who have abused of me when I had money ! Well when you have money there are fake people coming in your life and never keep their promises ! It's so funny for them to crook people
How did they abuse you? How old are you?

·
Registered
12,339 Posts
Do you have any siblings, relatives, friends? Surely there are people who would take you in or help you get a job...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any siblings, relatives, friends? Surely there are people who would take you in or help you get a job...
When my mother died I knew I had no family anymore and about siblings ? I have a brother but we don't come along together ! Friends ? What's a true friend btw ? Never had one

·
Registered
12,339 Posts
When my mother died I knew I had no family anymore and about siblings ? I have a brother but we don't come along together ! Friends ? What's a true friend btw ? Never had one
Have you asked anyone for help? Did you let anyone know about your situation?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you asked anyone for help? Did you let anyone know about your situation?
Of course but what you don't know with social workers/educators it takes loads of time ! For only an Identity Card it took 2 months 1/2. You have no idea what it's all about being homeless in Brussels ( it's pure hell )

·
Registered
12,339 Posts
It's hell. And a reason enough to work your way out of that. Do you have any non-profit organization that covers homelessness in Belgium? They're probably gonna be more inclined to help you out than social workers. That is if you really have absolutely no one in your (past) social circles who could help you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's hell. And a reason enough to work your way out of that. Do you have any non-profit organization that covers homelessness in Belgium? They're probably gonna be more inclined to help you out than social workers. That is if you really have absolutely no one in your (past) social circles who could help you.
Some are doing profit on homeless people in Belgium despite telling the contrary : Don't worry !

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
You are right in that the homeless person becomes the bane of society. I appreciate you coming forward about your issues. How do you even have access to internet?

In Australia there is the Salvation Army. They can provide temporary assistance for those in financial hardship or needing to escape domestic violence, youth crime or drug and alcohol abuse. While with some charities people question how much they support those who need it, I absolutely respect the Salvation Army and have supported various charity drives. I could only wish something similar operated where you were.

St. Vincent de Paul Society does similar stuff as well.

The trouble with social workers you point out is not necessarily out of callousness. Seeking justice and equity for others, especially those powerless to seek it themselves is by far the most inconvenient thing any person can do. It means making other people's problems your own problems, and their struggles your own struggles. I don't expect social workers to carry these burdens with them home, at least overtly, because it would impact their own psychological health. Not to say there aren't some hypocrites but it goes beyond a simple generalization.

Unfortunately there is a mismatch at the system level (what government and institution will do) and the individual level (how a particular homeless person, and related stakeholders act). Many churches for example would love to open their doors. Some do but many don't. When you read about the ones that don't, it's not that they don't care but as I said, there is that issue of inconvenience. A church that opened its doors laid out some blankets and beds inside the hall. But soon after, items were reported to have been stolen, and people would urinate or defecate in the hall and leave rubbish and bottles. Church staff would clean up afterwards and try to dissuade the behaviour only for it to recur. One would love homelessness to be an issue where everyone can cooperate on to solve but it's not easy because we all inherit a selfish gene and we treat our own property with far more care than we treat others. Nor do we in prosperity lay out generosity or appreciate our circumstances.

I applaud those who spare time, devotion and money to help one in need, but with great knowledge they themselves will have to bear the great burdens of others and become inconvenienced in the process. There is opening your home to a homeless person, but I have heard of people giving jobs to the homeless. That to me is a big sacrifice but also something that can radically change that person's life. Seeking employment is the no.1 thing a homeless person needs to move on their own (with support for the day to day first).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unless you're mentally impaired you definitely deserve to be homeless.
Great ! I deserve to be homeless ! FREAKING IDIOT ! How in hell should I deserve it ? They manipulated me to get what they wanted : Karma will follow you after this ! BEWARE ! Crooks will do their uttermost to steal your money but it's easy to judge when you aren't in the shit yourself !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How was your day?

What are your best options to get out of this shit?
You know I've skills but the problem is : I've got no diplomas as my diplomas only are my brains ! But in this world you need the paper called diploma but what you don't know loads of diplomas have no worth. In this society people rather have a brain formatted than a full brain !

·
Registered
12,339 Posts
You know I've skills but the problem is : I've got no diplomas as my diplomas only are my brains ! But in this world you need the paper called diploma but what you don't know loads of diplomas have no worth. In this society people rather have a brain formatted than a full brain !
You have to stop blaming everyone around you, based on your story you should at least be able to see that you acted like an idiot. Now, you are at the stage where your fully functioning brain can come in handy. You're on your own and you have to do something. Having some sort of strategy or short term plans could do you good. What can you do for yourself tomorrow? Make a list. Follow it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have to stop blaming everyone around you, based on your story you should at least be able to see that you acted like an idiot. Now, you are at the stage where your fully functioning brain can come in handy. You're on your own and you have to do something. Having some sort of strategy or short term plans could do you good. What can you do for yourself tomorrow? Make a list. Follow it.
I want to serve people and help people in need ! There's a thing you don't have a HEART ! Yet acted as an idiot ? lol ! You don't know what you are talking about ! Stop blaming everyone ? Where did I do that ? IT's the freaking truth : people crooked me money ( maybe one day you'll love it : I don't know ) What can I do for myself tomorrow ? Still fighting for the truth would be what loads of people won't do in this world

1 - 20 of 30 Posts