Tennis Forum banner

1261 - 1276 of 1276 Posts

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
This is a good thread. I'm over Serena's loss and it's time for me to support them as long as their in the doubles, and then move on to the hard court season.

Serena will definitely be okay. She's experienced losses like this before and has always came back. I see no reason why this won't be the same. One good thing we know is that she's not injured. ;)
Foxy, this whole Serena thing could be a 3-part problem. I'm not knowing what to feel about Patrick :(. While I know Serena is indeed the captain of her own ship, lately Patrick has been talking too damn much and being cryptic via the press. Not sure if you saw the interview he gave that was run in USA Today Saturday. He said Serena's had "issues" going back to January. What issues :confused:. Mental, emotional? Maybe even physical--he never specified what they were in that interview from Saturday. Why bring it up PERIOD? IS he trying to help her work through them, is she listening to him if he is? Secondly, we know he said after Serena lost to Garbine @ the FO "I KNOW why Serena lost." Now, as much as I am MEH on Patrick, could Serena indeed be having some emotional issues she placed on herself as far as winning slams 18/19, and he's trying to help her work them out and it's taking a long time? Serena said she's not feeling the weight of winning slams 18/19 and that's not true. You know she is. Her on-court "actions" in slams Ie: The crying baby faces, the nervous looks and panicking with her game tell me she is pressurizing herself, and knows the window is closing. She definitely could use a fresh approach from a sports psychologist but would she talk with one and take his/her advice? Secondly, what is up with Serena's game? I don't think I have to tell you what's wrong with it. She's not injured thank God--in the best physical shape since the FO which she won last year. So many pieces of her game are gone. IS Patrick the cause of this or is it the pressure or both? You just don't lose your skill in a month. Decline 99% of the time happens gradually. Federer is getting all he can out of his game and from Stefan Edberg. Serena isn't. Serena's no counter punching, non-serving looping forehand player. She's a first strike, great-serving in your face terror :lol: Her confidence is lagging but she can get it back with "GOOD" help. Lastly, the two of them. IF they've called it off how on earth can Patrick coach Serena? Na Li said she had to get a coach because she said she got tired of fighting with Dennis. She said, coach can't be husband and lover. I know you remember Myskina from back in the early 2000's who used to really go after her boyfriend who was her coach before, during and after matches. All I know is that on the off-hand that Serena is in decline faster than normal (Don't think so) I want her to at least go down swinging playing HER game like "Terror Fabulous" & "Sheila," who she calls her fierce, mean and ruthless alter ego on the tennis court. Oh boy, what drama. But it's always followed her and been part of her 20 year career, and that's why I love her so much. She's taken me at least on one hell of a wild and mostly positive ride :lol:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hi guy '. I still think it has to do with 1/3 of Serena lung being damage ' I just don't think it's mental due to Serena breathing huff and puff habits of lately .You need all of that to get your serve ,your power your strength !We don't known what Serena was told by her dr when she had that pulmonary actack !! Just my thoughts!!!I truly love this beautiful lady no doubt 17 or 18 she always be my Queen Serena Fucking Williams!!!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
^ But she was playing amazingly in the second half of 2012 and 2013. If anything, the lung problem might have affected her 2011 season because probably she was still dealing with it (this explains her cut-short schedule at the end of 2011). But now?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just came across his article : http://nypost.com/2014/07/03/navratilova-rejects-serenas-virus-excuse-for-wimbledon-meltdown/ Navratilova: Serena’s meltdown wasn’t from virus.

I really find it disappointing that women are always the ones who are always beating each other down. During one match that Serena played at Wimbledon, maybe the one that she lost. Navratilova said that Serena makes more headlines when she loses than when she wins. And she was 200% right. I mean how many players stay in the headlines as long as she has after a loss??? Maria lost when the match was really hers to win, but media has Amnesia. After a few hours of mention they forget. Azarenka lost what, 1st round or 2nd? we can't even remember, but Serena to this day, articles are flying around how she lost. And she is not a top 10 doubles player, so why is media following her around on a 2nd round match? all these questions are just indicative of the pressure that this young lady goes through. She cannot do anything with a microscope on it. When she wins, they criticize her, when she loses it's media fanfare, it's almost as if they find a way to beat at her. Serena should not allow them to eat her spirit down, she should find a way out of it.

Venus and Serena rarely play doubles in the last 2-3years, but suddenly because Serena got on the court and withdraws. All this speculation about what could be going on.

Yes, Serena does tend to lean on the dramatic at times, but I think it goes with the amount of pressure that is imposed on her. In the last 6months this year, she doesn't seem to have made very smart choices in terms on how she wants to move forward. If anything, I think with Serena the toughest thing is keeping balance on what she WANTS to do and what she HAS to do. She's at a time in her life where there's a lot she wants in her personal life, but also facing that question if she quit at 17, what will that mean? She will regret it.

I feel that Serena should go back to her earlier days and look up to Venus. Forget all these other friends Kim Kardashian, Kelly Rowland, Ciara they are all either mother's or soon to be mothers. And for ladies, it starts to rub off, that feeling of wanting to settle down. And I guess additionally Serena broke up with Patrick and I guess she has no one at her side, and she's feeling that loneliness. I also feel that Serena may have lost her trust in Patrick in a way. Maybe it's me, but I think Patrick seems to talk a little too much and is trying to be friendly with everyone. Even players that are supposed to be her rivals. Who knows maybe he dishses out on ways to defeat Serena, and that's not sitting well with Serena and her family. I think that is one of the reasons why Serena kept her family as her coach. Patrick is always commenting on other girls play, which is great, but only if you're not coaching another player on the tour. It's competition, and you've got to stay away from even mentioning other girls, unless you are coming up with match strategies. I feel somewhere a long the way Patrick crossed a line with Serena and she's finding a way to pull out of it. They've got to be on the same page, otherwise it's just not going to work. Serena is the boss, and she cannot have a coach that is dedicated to a lot of other things. I feel that is where all of Serena's problems start. There is some type of drama there.

Serena love will come at the right time. Make a decision for one thing, and freeze those Eggs and focus on your tennis. If that is what you really want.
MAke a decision on coaches. You cannot work with your Dad, and Patrick like it or not, it pulls you apart. You need to have a coach with whom you're 100% with. Make that call and go with it.
Venus has always been your best friend. And because she's older, chances are she's gone through what you're experiencing emotionally. Venus played like a true warrior through all her illness and it was just an amazing effort. Lack did not fall her way, but very proud of her.

I think Serena has too many people around her. I look at her box, you see so many people coming there for you, yes they support you, but it's also pressure. I think it's time that She minimizes all these people around her and just the minimum. I would imagine winning GS title will not be easy, she has to really really dig deep and find focus and that means keeping everything else out of her mind.

I think what we saw with her on the doubles court is reflective of an internal conflict. She's maybe unwell, that's a personal thing, but in addition, we've seen her spirit this year has been simply off. She's seemed to have a lot of ups and downs during the matches. Seems like one foot is in tennis another elsewhere....

AS for media and Martina N. and Co. You should know better than to speculate, at least publically. Shame on you for going there and allowing yourselves to be brought into it. I think the smartest thing a person can do is to respect that challenge it takes for a person to be at the point she is at her age and going for a great accomplishment. Wish her well and hope that she finds her form, her mental strength to get back on the court and do what she does better than anyone else in the world today. The stress can be overwhelming, and if anything we can do is be supportive, because we want to see greatness that comes very rarely. They forget thse's doing this at 32, she's not a young girl anymore and that means it takes a toll on her, we need to empower her more than question her

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
BUMP BUMP BUMP IT UP!!!!

Okay-- so in the past others have brought up the fact that this thread is synonymous with bad news. It's usually only bumped when Serena has had a bad loss or when she's injured herself. So to change that tone and foster more good will for this thread I thought I'd bump it now to remind people that there is always light when things seem bleak.

We, as fans, are obviously in a great place right now and we should not take these moments for granite so lets appreciate her now while we can and keep up the positivism (if that's a real word...lol)!!!

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Stefwhit, ch….
I get scared when this thread get bumped. :lol:
SEE!!!!! that's exactly the point...lmao :lol:

We only bump this thread in bad times so when people see it, they get scared and that's not what our "POSITIVE THREAD" should be doing. This thread scares people...:lol: Something is wrong when our positive thread scares folks...lmao!

So i'm trying to bump it in good times so we can look back and be thankful and more appreciative in the here and now. It's also nice to see us when we were down to see us now, it's a reminder not to panic from bad loses, they happen but at the end of the day Serena always rises to the top!!!!

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
I am very positive for Serena. Win Bombjing and the YEC Serena!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
BUMP BUMP BUMP IT UP!!!!

Okay-- so in the past others have brought up the fact that this thread is synonymous with bad news. It's usually only bumped when Serena has had a bad loss or when she's injured herself. So to change that tone and foster more good will for this thread I thought I'd bump it now to remind people that there is always light when things seem bleak.

We, as fans, are obviously in a great place right now and we should not take these moments for granite so lets appreciate her now while we can and keep up the positivism (if that's a real word...lol)!!!
:) I'm going to stay positive that Serena stops with her weird tweets though, keeps her natural hair out a little longer and her momentum.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
She needs to give mandingo a call. He'd dick her down.
i'm sure she has a few numbers in her phone that would be more than willing to put it on her lol...hell call Common's ass...he's been running around talking about her...that's proven dick right there lol

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
1261 - 1276 of 1276 Posts