Tennis Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1276 Posts

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I wish we didn't need it at all this year or at least not as much. :(

I hope we won't need it during U.S. Open.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Rght now Sharapova is leading the Year-to-date-Race with about 4600 pts and Serena is in 4th place with about 3000 points- thats not to bad to be honest. Since Pova's shoulder surgery her sucess has been limited primarily to clay so going into the grass and hardcourt season Serena will have plenty of opportunities to close the gap and finish strong. Wimbledon will be a very important step and if Rena doesnt put too much pressure n herself and stays healthy I expect good things. ...fingers crossed!!
Real talk, though. I don't care if Serena comes in 6th in the race as long as she wins the YEC or, at the very least, beats Maria.

·
Premium Member
40,421 Posts
Real talk, though. I don't care if Serena comes in 6th in the race as long as she wins the YEC or, at the very least, beats Maria.
She's undefeated against the Top 10(?) going back QUITE a ways minus her losses to Vika in Doha/Cincy (her only losses to Top 10 players since her comeback in 2011 IIRC), but she's had trouble getting there in majors this year..

IF (yes, IF) she makes the YEC, her fuck ass will probably go 5-0 again. :eek:

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
She's undefeated against the Top 10(?) going back QUITE a ways minus her losses to Vika in Doha/Cincy (her only losses to Top 10 players since her comeback in 2011 IIRC), but she's had trouble getting there in majors this year..

:haha:
she is gonna win YEC going 5-0 as you said. But she won't get to the 2nd week of any slam finishing #1 this year. :lol:
flop bish.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Its just annoying when her tournament wins have come... She won Miami, Rome and Brisbane. I would rather her lost early in those and won AO, RG and WIM (As most of her fans would have) but its just annoying that she is playing well out of the Slams, just in the Slams she seems to be crumbling. Lets just hope that the US Open swing goes well.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
This year, I'll take any slam win and get #18 out of the way. As long as she doesn't lose to Pova, a YEC win would just be a bonus.

·
Registered
9,425 Posts
Cmon guys, one or 2 bad losses cannot break our spirt.As long as Serena and Venus keep playing tennis I will always be optimistic and excited for their matches.Life doesnt end with one bad loss.We have to learn to move on if we want to see better days.
Now onto the US hard court season.Im so looking forward to it!!!Im pretty sure Serena will do better there :bounce:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Cmon guys, one or 2 bad losses cannot break our spirt.As long as Serena and Venus keep playing tennis I will always be optimistic and excited for their matches.Life doesnt end with one bad loss.We have to learn to move on if we want to see better days.
Now onto the US hard court season.Im so looking forward to it!!!Im pretty sure Serena will do better there :bounce:

True but it will only happen if she realises that something has to change. Is she aware she is passive; does she know it is nerves, etc...........

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It's not even the losses, it's the way she's losing. She played like a pushing junior in her losses.
This! Serena needs help,probably from another source,Richard needs to become more involved,maybe this Patrick coaching- has run it's course this is so much more upsetting than losing at AO[injury] or even FO [always had issues there,still often got to at least Qrtrs ]but Wimbledon:confused: Serena nerves are understandable but her inability to shake herself out of them by going after her shots is truly concerning I hope this is being treated like the Serious Emergency it is in the Williams circle.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I really hate that she's been injured in Melbourne the past 3 years. Pretty sure she would have won at least 2 had she been healthy, especially 2013. Her form was fantastic until the injury started kicking in.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts

:lol: Exactly.

This year, I'll take any slam win and get #18 out of the way. As long as she doesn't lose to Pova, a YEC win would just be a bonus.
Agreed. I woud couldn't care less about the YEC if she can get the USO. She could tank the YEC for all I'd care.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
:lol: Exactly.

Agreed. I woud couldn't care less about the YEC if she can get the USO. She could tank the YEC for all I'd care.
Agree. I give no fucks about the YEC. I want her to win the US Open catching Martina/Chris. IF she can do that, I'm happy as a hog in slop because she'll always be tied with them if nothing else :lol:

1221 - 1240 of 1276 Posts