Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1276 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
OK.. the purpose of this thread is to simply spread love and share words of encouragement for Serena anytime she experiences any kind of setback (or hardship)- whether it's due to injury, a loss, or any other problems on or off court.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start... Stay strong Serena and keep your spirits up. It's just a matter of time before your body has completly healed- hang in there kiddo'

Let's keep building on the forward momentum.... so good, so far....

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Get better, get well :)

Come back, restore order, dominate as usual :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
We acquire the strength we have overcome.

There are some people who have the quality of richness and joy in them and they communicate it to everything they touch. We've all seen that Serena's foundation is not in the physcial matter but in the spirit and she'll only come back stronger!

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
i don't wanna see you back until you promise not to go away with injury again :lol:

seriously babe, get healthy, keep ya head up, and can't wait to see you back on court :kiss:

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Get some rest babygirl. There's a long road ahead and we all want you healthy and ready to kick some ass. Especially Justine's at the French.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there is such a thing as a "good loss" then i guess Serena's loss to Jen comes really close to that.

Truth be told, I was a little nervous about Rena playing Jenn. Serena tends to bring the best out in Jennifer (in terms of her fighting spirit). Even when Serena's at her best and routinely blowing everyone off the court, Jennifer usually plays her tough enough to push her to three and can hang with her to make it close.

In terms of what this win could have meant to both players, I think Jennifer definitely gets more from this win than Serena would have got. And in some wayz this might be a blessin' for Serena. We don't want her to go into the French and under estimate the competition. A loss usually helps to put things in perspective, not to mention it adds fire to the motivation- which is alwayz a good thing... Serena at least got a chance to gage how her game is and has enough time to tweek things in time for the French.

I really hope Jennifer can follow up her big win with another big win against MoMo. If she does manage to win that would mean that each Tier 1 this season would have been won by a different player and it will make things that much more interesting going into the French.

TIER 1 Events
Toray Pan Pacific- Lindsay
Pacific Life Open- Justine
Nasdaq 100- SERENA
Family Circle Cup- Venus
German Open- Mauresmo
Rome- ??

·
92,578 Posts
I agree, Stefwhit. I'm really glad that Serena sounded positive in her interview. She knows she has to work on her serve and other parts of her game, but she believes she can fix them before RG.

·
Registered
47,498 Posts
Despite the loss, I´m still happy with the form Serena displayed. If she was match-tougher I think she could have won in straigths, because obviously she didn´t capitalize on the bp opportunities and that was that....but still looked good in the rallies and she was patient. Now go work out some little things and you should be fine, babygirl!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
i just first want to say that i'm so happy serena is playing again, you did great this week getting to the semis of Rome, and you overall didn't play that bad for not having much match play, your top form will come back the more you play, so just be patient and good things will come :bounce: Good luck in Paris!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love all the positivity... I have a feeling our positivity is going to be rewarded very soon... thinkin' good thoughts...

FRENCH and WIMBY... coming up!!!

·
52,305 Posts
The loss in Rome was just a minor setback.

Remember in 2002 when she won the US Open she lost to Rubin at Los Angeles and never played again for the rest of the American Summer until the US Open.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm hopeful that this is one of last times we have to bump this thread back up...lol.

When you consider that this was her very first Slam since coming back from injury and that she lost to a player that routinely takes her to three sets- even when she's at her best, the loss to Jenn today is respectable.

On the positive side of things:

-she improved her effort in Rome by at least extending the match to three sets (proof she's getting better...OK I might be strechin' things a bit here...:lol: )
-before the ranis came down Serena had seemingly refocussed and put herself in a good position to win the match....again, before the rain.:rain:
-Missery loves company- and Serena's loss is just one of many surprises today. When you consider this year's WHACKY French, Serena lossing in the QF's is not the biggest headline.
-After about 9 months off from the slams, Serena returns to her first on her least favorite surface and makes it to the QF's
-Things could be a lot worse.... Amelie Mauresmo (nuttin' else left to say):tape:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Serena will be back full force!

·
Registered
47,498 Posts
Yep...many positive things in that loss. Serena was partially in control in the second and must say that without the rain-delay she probably wins that match. So it´s good...clay is still clay for Serena. Now go work on that serve girl and you should be fine at Wimbledon....and after that it´s all about adding the points!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I honestly feel Serena is going to come back stronger and more motivated than before. I do feel her loss at Roland Garros was a jolt, another wake up of sorts and we all know losing isn't a quality that a winner has on their resume. Faith is always in Serena's corner, but I think now she's fully joined in on the ride and that leaves me more confident than I've been since her return.

·
Registered
47,498 Posts
Good luck in Wimbledon, babygirl! Go for that three-peat!

1 - 20 of 1276 Posts