Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Venus injured,now serena oulls out of BWC and Canada.Venus out of Acura and Lord knows what else. I suspect their focus is no longer on tennis.They have become bored with the game.Serena doesn't seem to care about Kim overtaking her in the rankings!They have made their mark,history,and money,now its time to move on! I think they will shock the tennis world with their annoucement,simultanously.

·
Banned
3,412 Posts
vettipooh said:
Venus injured,now serena oulls out of BWC and Canada.Venus out of Acura and Lord knows what else. I suspect their focus is no longer on tennis.They have become bored with the game.Serena doesn't seem to care about Kim overtaking her in the rankings!They have made their mark,history,and money,now its time to move on! I think they will shock the tennis world with their annoucement,simultanously.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The thread starter wishes they will retire. Serena might be bored that no one can seem to beat her consistently, but she and venus have a chance to be one of the greatest, and they will not retire just because they are bored.

Go Venus

·
Serena's #1 Hater
20,615 Posts
vettipooh said:
Holy wishful thinking, Batman! :p

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Selesrules,for your information I am an avid fan of both sisters.They are my no.1 favs! I attend the Usopen every year,just to see them.My collection of tapes consist of over 35 matches of both sisters.I was just citing a strong feeling because the indications are there.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
vettipooh said:
Selesrules,for your information I am an avid fan of both sisters.They are my no.1 favs! I attend the Usopen every year,just to see them.My collection of tapes consist of over 35 matches of both sisters.I was just citing a strong feeling because the indications are there.
Sorry, I thought yet again another negative Williams thread. I'll even forgive you for calling me selesrules. ;) I wish Serena would wait to pursue her acting career. Who knows how great of a champion she would be if she devoted all her time to tennis.

·
Registered
14,742 Posts
They'll both retire in maybe 2 or 3 years, unless a serious injury stops one of them. Until then, don't look for them to quit. They are probably just resting up for the US Open.

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Venus I could see retiring after winning 1 more Slam, or after '04 even if she doesn't. She does often seem bored, though maybe it's just being reserved. Serena I think wants to try again for a single year Slam sweep, and to get her total into into the teens. (She doesn't seem bored on court). In fact, if Venus moves on to a career as a fashion exec (I think V Starr is just a trial run) it will prevent her from possibly limiting Serena's Slam total. (Or Venus could really surprise everyone by getting on the fast track re. the business side of tennis, with the goal of running the tour by around age 30)!

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
They are not my faves (esp. Serena), but I really hope it doesn't happen. It would be VERY bad for tennis. The general interest would almost certainly go way down. I hope they find they interest in tennis again, and that the rest of the field at least try to catch up with them.

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
vettipooh said:
Oh of course. THAT makes a LOT of sense. Why was it not obvious all along? Damn. All the rest of you no doubt knew all about this. It's not fair! Why didn't anybody tell me til now? I knew I should have read Nostradamus' 12th book. He probably predicted this, and I was too lazy to read all the prophecies. Why am I such a monofocused technogeek?

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry Selesfan,I didn't mean to call u Selesrules.I absolutely love the sisters! I sincerely hope that they don't retire any time soon.however,reality is,that they are pursuing other interests!I get the feeling that if Serena is offered a movie deal,there goes tennis.i would love to see them remain on the tour for another 3 or 4 years,and win a Calendar slam each,but destiny points otherwise.

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
vettipooh said:
sorry Selesfan,I didn't mean to call u Selesrules.I absolutely love the sisters! I sincerely hope that they don't retire any time soon.however,reality is,that they are pursuing other interests!I get the feeling that if Serena is offered a movie deal,there goes tennis.i would love to see them remain on the tour for another 3 or 4 years,and win a Calendar slam each,but destiny points otherwise.
Dude, you were so close to being insulted. You missed it by this much. This much. ;) :lick:

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
When you think about it, Venus has been playing for nearly a decade and Serena a little less. They have both shattered records, and set the bar up for the game. Both will probably be crowned Hall of Famers. Without a doubt. Both have lives out of tennis. Who knows. They are Venus and Serena and quite unpredicatable.

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Well from their quotes not so long ago, I think they'll be around for awhile.:)

Venus is trying to look good for the US Open in her new outfit and she seems passionate. Serea as well she is chillin and resting up to detroy those folks who are not about to retire.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Exact;ly, Serenba still very intense, i dont see her leaving tennis anytime soon at all, and i think Venus wont just yet, she is just legitamatly injured

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.