Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had no new updates on Jen since the questionable report on tennisweek.com in January. It's almost as Jen has gone into a media black out mode. Dont know what that means--- is she training and trying to keep her progress and comeback a well guarded secret or is she just buying time?

Does anyone have ANY updated info on our favorite player?
Any responses from her management company, Prince racquets, WTA tour, Charles Brickner?

Hopefully we will hear SOMETHING soon! Maybe she will show up at Miami??? If not to play, to atleast make an appearance???

·
Registered
149 Posts
TeamUSA#1 said:
We have had no new updates on Jen since the questionable report on tennisweek.com in January. It's almost as Jen has gone into a media black out mode. Dont know what that means--- is she training and trying to keep her progress and comeback a well guarded secret or is she just buying time?

Does anyone have ANY updated info on our favorite player?
Any responses from her management company, Prince racquets, WTA tour, Charles Brickner?

Hopefully we will hear SOMETHING soon! Maybe she will show up at Miami??? If not to play, to atleast make an appearance???
Tried sending Charles a couple of e-mails asking for an update - He his normally pretty responsive - especially about Jenn - but so far nothing.

Just not the same - I have actually been following men's tennis - Nadal, Blake, Roddick and my personal favorite Gineprie....

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
I haven't heard back from anyone and you're right about the silence being deafening. No news is better than bad news which is what we got last time. There have been so many different stories so there are endless possibilities about what's going on. The one fact we do know is that Jen applied for and was granted the injury protected ranking of 10 which expires in November of this year. That's on the WTA's official site so that's pretty trustworthy.

Here's an interesting thought. Maybe what Charles reported about Jen WAS indeed correct. I mean, he didn't just say Jen was hitting. He gave details of THREE locations (Saddlebrook, West Palm and Key Biscayne) that she was hitting at. Also, he was the guy to break the second shoulder surgery story. It just seems fishy that he would put out this info without getting it straight from Jen or Team Jen. As Dan pointed out, the tennis week story quotes (which were edited after the story was post) from Jen almost sounded like they came from a written statement or press release and perhaps not even right from Jen.

So... maybe the reason we haven't heard back from Charles is perhaps Jen told him not to say anything. She hates media attention and announcing her comeback date a few months or even a few weeks in advance would come with the same media hype of Martina Hingis's comeback.

Knowing Jen, she doesn't want any hype surrounding her comeback. I think it's more than likely that Jen will take a last minute wildcard to a tournament. That will probably be how she announces her comeback.

Seriously, if Charles had reported false information, certainly he would have printed a correction in one of his articles. Jen could easily train in a place that nobody would really notice her. She might even have her own tennis court at her home. She can certainly afford it.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i dont care how she comes back, as long as she does it soon. we havent seen her play forever and i cant take it much longer.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Well at least we know she WILL be back, but we just don't know when!

If anyone has some email addresses that we can find some info on Jen please post them!

·
Registered
51 Posts
its gettin ridiculous now not knowin anyting like. hopefully we wil get news soon. FINGERS CROSSED

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm getting used to this no news stuff. When we do finally get news, I am going to be completely shocked and surprised that someone is actually letting the fans know what is up with this girl. Until that day comes, I am not expecting any news, but am hoping and praying for some nonetheless! I just miss Jen so much! I want to watch some good competitive and fun tennis now!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
bigshow21 said:
I'm getting used to this no news stuff. When we do finally get news, I am going to be completely shocked and surprised that someone is actually letting the fans know what is up with this girl. Until that day comes, I am not expecting any news, but am hoping and praying for some nonetheless! I just miss Jen so much! I want to watch some good competitive and fun tennis now!
I believe she will be back after Wimbledon, for the summer hardcourts :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
OMG that is such a lont time from now!!! :(

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Wow she's been gone forever and I do hope she comes back for the summer hardcourts....and the wait continues.

·
Registered
51 Posts
First we think she'll b back for the A.O then we thought March now we are thinkn after Wimbledon for the hardcourts?? i think we are all just living on hope here. im not hoping anymore, i think i'll just wait till i hear some news, because everytime we get are hopes up we are let down! Im not tryn to get anyones hopes down like, but im just saying my thoughts on the situation!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
*L.C.M* said:
First we think she'll b back for the A.O then we thought March now we are thinkn after Wimbledon for the hardcourts?? i think we are all just living on hope here. im not hoping anymore, i think i'll just wait till i hear some news, because everytime we get are hopes up we are let down! Im not tryn to get anyones hopes down like, but im just saying my thoughts on the situation!

It will be around a year and a half when we get to June since the surgery. I'm just guessing this is enough time for her to rehabilitate and train...but of course I'm no doctor!!!! Come back soon Jen!!!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
RJWCapriati05 said:
I believe she will be back after Wimbledon, for the summer hardcourts :)
Yeah that is forever away but I don't even care anymore when or where she comes back, just as long as she comes back!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
bigshow21 said:
Yeah that is forever away but I don't even care anymore when or where she comes back, just as long as she comes back!
:) Its going to be sooooo exciting and emotional to see her again!!!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
*abby* said:
she will be back dont u worry!!!i have no doubt in my mind shes not done y et
She's definitely not done, miss you Jen!!!!! :kiss:

·
Registered
51 Posts
i hope 2 god her days of playn tennis arent over yet!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts