108,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is so crazy - at least IMO

i´m known as a Tennisfan
and on Wednesday a guy at my work came to me and asked me
"do you know a tennis player named Maria.....?"

he didn´t know her surname

and i said "why?"

he said "a guy from the office asked me if i know her, he said she is really hot and has 2 meter long legs"

and i said "yes, it is Maria Sharapova"

he "is she really that hot?"

and i agreed and said she is hot, because i din´t want to start a discussion with him about what is hot.
but i´m sure he will watch the final tomorrow without knowing the tennis rules

and today at our lunch-break another guy asked

"did someone saw the Tennis match yesterday? i think i will watch tennis more often now"

some other guys asked why, and os he said how "Hot" Maria is, and how pretty her legs are, and how short her skirt is and all this stuff.

it is crazy how the interest in Tennis is rising, because this guys usually never watch tennis.

·
Registered
479 Posts
:lol: They should talk about Anna-Lena not her :mad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Yep, my friend who never really like tennis said he is gonna watch the final. Something tells me that doesn't matter how one-sided the match will be tomorrow, there will be a lot of people tuning in ;)

·
8,263 Posts
Add to the fact that UK tabloids run a big thing on the front page about Maria today, since tabloids are the best selling newspaper in UK, a big publicity for Wimbledon ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
There's an American Football board that I go to as well, and suddenly there's a thread about Sharapova (on a board where I've never seen a tennis thread before). Of course, it's labelled something like "A Hot Russian Who Can Play" with pics attached. It had more replies than anything else on the board.

And at least 30 people claiming they've never watched tennis before but they'll watch on Saturday.

How you get them in the door doesn't really matter. A certain percentage will actually become tennis fans. If nothing else, players like Sharapova help the sport.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Hiko said:
How you get them in the door doesn't really matter. A certain percentage will actually become tennis fans. If nothing else, players like Sharapova help the sport.
Couldn't say it better !

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
quasimodo said:
Jealous woman :lol:
no. not realli. its jus sad to see women's tennis being all about sex symbols now. sigh.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:
no. not realli. its jus sad to see women's tennis being all about sex symbols now. sigh.
You can't say that it's all about sex-symbols. There was some game Maria brought on the court, I guess.

And the more people watch women's tennis (whatever is their motivation), the better it will be for the tour. One Maria Sharapova is worth 100 "get in touch" campaigns.

The perv daddies like SpikeyAidanm's might become the fathers of future champions if they get captivated by the game.

·
8,263 Posts
Very true, if it gets more people to watch the final, then it will be great for women tennis

·
7,371 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:
that's so true!! my friend considers himself as a tennis fan....but all he cares about is how players look like :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,186 Posts
matthias said:
this is so crazy - at least IMO

i´m known as a Tennisfan
and on Wednesday a guy at my work came to me and asked me
"do you know a tennis player named Maria.....?"

he didn´t know her surname

and i said "why?"

he said "a guy from the office asked me if i know her, he said she is really hot and has 2 meter long legs"

and i said "yes, it is Maria Sharapova"

he "is she really that hot?"

and i agreed and said she is hot, because i din´t want to start a discussion with him about what is hot.
but i´m sure he will watch the final tomorrow without knowing the tennis rules

and today at our lunch-break another guy asked

"did someone saw the Tennis match yesterday? i think i will watch tennis more often now"

some other guys asked why, and os he said how "Hot" Maria is, and how pretty her legs are, and how short her skirt is and all this stuff.

it is crazy how the interest in Tennis is rising, because this guys usually never watch tennis.
das ist doch immer so, matthias, daß die meisten nur an der Figur interessiert sind und vom Spielertyp nix wissen wollen. Glaubst Du, das ist bei mir in der Arbeit anders ????

Aber dennoch bewundere ich Maria für ihr Herzblut. Und diese Seite der Maria M. versuche ich meinen Kollega zu vermitteln. Nicht die 2m langen Beine oder das Kournikova-flair ...

·
Banned
205 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:
I'm at work so I can't get to deep in this conversation, but why do white men find young girls to be their ideal fantasy. I mean it's sick how all of these old white men keep going on about Maria's looks just lusting over her. I guess if she has some early career injuries and have to retire from tennis her dad could use her as a you know what in order to feed the family. I sure there are plenty old white men out there welling to pay top dollar to purchase her. :lol:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
htm said:
I'm at work so I can't get to deep in this conversation, but why do white men find young girls to be their ideal fantasy. I mean it's sick how all of these old white men keep going on about Maria's looks just lusting over her. I guess if she has some early career injuries and have to retire from tennis her dad could use her as a you know what in order to feed the family. I sure there are plenty old white men out there welling to pay top dollar to purchase her. :lol:
you said old white men 3 times.

And don't put smiles celebrating your own jokes because they are not funny, as I said before making funny jokes requires intelligence that you obviously lack of.

and racist pigs like you get in my freaking nerves

·
Registered
19,426 Posts
one of my guy friends saw the Golovin-Serena match
n he said watching tennis has never been so facinating b4... :rolleyes:
Sex do sell afterall...

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,186 Posts
sex sells ...

but decency and focus should prevail vs sex in case of Maria S. (hopefully). If people are really interested in tennis they feel that there's something different behind this pretty face and the long legs ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts