Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Re: The Search functionality is failing badly

I don't have the specifics for what's wrong, but I'll try and find out. I do know that this site, along with a handful of others on the same server, were all having the same problem with Search. TF and MTF are the only 2 that the fix didn't take, so there must be some customization here and there that's still gumming up the works.

I will hopefully return with a fix, or at least more info

Kevin
TBF you have been very good at giving us regular updates & responding swiftly to any questions.

I'm sure the forum as a whole appreciates the effort you are putting in to get this resolved.

Cheers.

Mal.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

TBF you have been very good at giving us regular updates & responding swiftly to any questions.

I'm sure the forum as a whole appreciates the effort you are putting in to get this resolved.

Cheers.

Mal.
Seconded. If only the tech team was as on the ball as you guys. I even wondered if I was mistaken so I talked with a couple devs I know. They rolled with laughter then expressed in various ways that it's the strangest situation they've heard of.

A question. Is there really a tech team? Or is it just one person related to, or friends with, the owners puttering around?

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

it's working!

thanks!
:confused: Did you search for posts by a username and get results?

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

I did, clicked on your username and "find more posts by pov" and got no error.
That's not the search functionality in question. Go to a "search this thread" or "search this form," click on advanced search and do a search by username.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

It works now.
No it does not. There has been no change.

Go to a "search this thread" or "search this forum," click on advanced search and do a search by username.

Result
The following errors occurred with your search:

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. %1$s

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

I'm getting the same behavior with "Advanced Search", but if I use the "Stats" page or the "Find more posts" button under the username drop menu in threads, I can functionality.

Will let the techs know that their fix (which they applied Friday evening) wasn't 100%

If you are still getting the same behavior on the other buttons, clear cookies and cache and let me know

Kevin

·
Registered
22,749 Posts

just cleared cache and cookies on my firefox, and it seems the search is working again except for posts by user in advanced search.
it's encouraging anyway as you guys seem on the right track to fix this, so thanks for that. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts

No it does not. There has been no change.

Go to a "search this thread" or "search this forum," click on advanced search and do a search by username.

Result
The following errors occurred with your search:

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. %1$s
Exactly, it don't work.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. %1$s
appears on Search
and

Showing results 126 to 150 of 250
is the other message that shows it don' work

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

Hey guys,

The techs were informed and they have fixed this. Let us know if you are still having issues.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
22,749 Posts

just tried advanced search with posts by user (and altough i regretted it almost immediately because i used FreeSpiritTroll as example^^), it seems to work now for a change. halleluja, praise the Lord and whatnot...
:worship:

·
Registered
19,470 Posts

just tried advanced search with posts by user (and altough i regretted it almost immediately because i used FreeSpiritTroll as example^^), it seems to work now for a change. halleluja, praise the Lord and whatnot...

You're so funny. And what did you expect to find?

·
Registered
22,749 Posts

^ actually i was wondering if your timeout did any good on your posting behaviour, but it was all in vain obviously.
still tremendous quality on the pics you provide tho, so i wouldn't mind at all if you keep that up.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

I regularly get database errors or 0 results (for terms like "tipping"), and upon refreshing I'm told to wait 30 seconds before searching again. Sometimes I get the same again on retrying.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

It does appear to be working now. Nice of the "tech team" to provide an update and explain what the problem had been.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts