Discussion Starter #22
Re: The Search functionality is failing badly

And still . . . :facepalm: SMH

·
Registered
10,836 Posts

Hey guys,

The tech team is aware of this situation and is looking into it.
Please be patient as we get this resolved!

Case: #2879297

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone

Ed
Can you fix it before the Australian Open starts?

Is it some kind of huge incredibly difficult matrix type code error that you have to decipher?!?!

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

Tech is still looking into this. Is affecting multiple that's why it's taking longer to figure out. We'll let you know as soon as there's an update.

Niall

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Tech is still looking into this. Is affecting multiple that's why it's taking longer to figure out. We'll let you know as soon as there's an update.

Niall
You've been stating that for some time now. Perhaps it's time to tell your company to get a new tech team. There is no even nearly valid reason that it should take this long to isolate and correct this issue. None.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

I have bumped the issue with the tech team and have reminded them that this issue has been ongoing since November. This issue has popped up on a few different sites, so the team is trying to investigate what's happening with each affected site and check for correlations. Thanks for your ongoing patience and we do understand that it's wearing thin. Hopefully the resolution is in sight.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
10,836 Posts

I have bumped the issue with the tech team and have reminded them that this issue has been ongoing since November. This issue has popped up on a few different sites, so the team is trying to investigate what's happening with each affected site and check for correlations. Thanks for your ongoing patience and we do understand that it's wearing thin. Hopefully the resolution is in sight.

Cheers,

Erik
Update?

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Seriously .. . .

This is ridiculous!!

I have never heard of any error at any website that took more than a week to fix. Much less more than two months.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

Hey there,

Very sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
Seems like this issue is more difficult to resolve than others.
The tech team is looking into it and we'll notify everyone once it is resolved.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Ed

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Hey there,

Very sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
Seems like this issue is more difficult to resolve than others.
The tech team is looking into it and we'll notify everyone once it is resolved.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Ed
I think we all appreciate you being cordial about this. But enough with the platitudes. This is unarguably BS. Even if distributed there is no codebase I can think of, even FB, that would require nearly this much time to isolate and correct such an error.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

I think we all appreciate you being cordial about this. But enough with the platitudes. This is unarguably BS. Even if distributed there is no codebase I can think of, even FB, that would require nearly this much time to isolate and correct such an error.
We totally understand that you're frustrated, but it's important to note that we (Admin) are just the "middle man" in all of this, so unfortunately 'platitudes' are really all that we can offer at this time. We have escalated, ticketed and bumped the issue, and that's all that we can do from our side of things. The tech team is looking into the issue, but again, it is happening on a few of our sites so they are trying to look at the bigger picture and understand what's causing the problem. The team also wants to make sure that fixing one thing doesn't break something else.

I will bump this ticket again as a gentle nudge to the team. Again, we understand that the search function is an important feature of the site and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
19,470 Posts

The search function sucks for some time, I was looking for some threads of mine and now it's very hard for me to find them. How can't this issue be solved, there was the same problem some time ago and it was solved quickly.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

What should be working to fix this, isn't for some reason. It seems like it should be straight forward repair job, but it's resisting our attempts so far.

Kevin

·
Registered
14,694 Posts

Profile stats functions don't work either

(list total posts, threads started by... etc)

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

We totally understand that you're frustrated, but it's important to note that we (Admin) are just the "middle man" in all of this, so unfortunately 'platitudes' are really all that we can offer at this time. We have escalated, ticketed and bumped the issue, and that's all that we can do from our side of things. The tech team is looking into the issue, but again, it is happening on a few of our sites so they are trying to look at the bigger picture and understand what's causing the problem. The team also wants to make sure that fixing one thing doesn't break something else.

I will bump this ticket again as a gentle nudge to the team. Again, we understand that the search function is an important feature of the site and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Erik
Thanks. I know you're doing your part it's the tech time that my ire is aimed at. Let's put it this way - can you imagine a dev team at say Google taking this long to fix any error with an established codebase?

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

What should be working to fix this, isn't for some reason. It seems like it should be straight forward repair job, but it's resisting our attempts so far.

Kevin
But that just means the problem still hasn't been fully isolated. I mean come on man, running a deep trace on the code and its movement through your servers and accelerators doesn't take nearly this long.

·
always getting what i want
17,712 Posts

Ridiculous. This entire forum is a joke.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts

I don't have the specifics for what's wrong, but I'll try and find out. I do know that this site, along with a handful of others on the same server, were all having the same problem with Search. TF and MTF are the only 2 that the fix didn't take, so there must be some customization here and there that's still gumming up the works.

I will hopefully return with a fix, or at least more info

Kevin

21 - 40 of 90 Posts