Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are they putting Ai and Francesca on AFTER a doubles match when they have been pushed around and are at least halfway through if it goes to three?!?!

US OPEN U SUCK!!

·
Banned
191 Posts
I'm sure you'd do a better job running the US Open, but they have drug tests, so don't even apply.

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Zvon THERE is a zoo for a animal like you. Now go find yourself the nearest zoo keeper and apply for the job.

What?! Did you think I was refering to the innocent creatures in the glass cages? NOT!! rotflmao!

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neither do I treu, I think it is wrong to do that .. what if it rains again? Ai and Francesca and Pierce and Myskina will still be way behind.

By the way I like Ai's new hair cut.

·
Registered
30,738 Posts
I was unhappy with the schedule earlier in the tournament. On day 3, nearly all the women's matches took place at the same time, very difficult if you want to catch a bit of all matches. Then later on, there was only one single match going on anymore, with some interesting matches still to come. This meant that nearly the entire crowd was at this match (Amanda-Babsi) on an outside court.

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anton,I hope so too as My sister gets the tennis channel so now I can watch it or have her tape it for me.

By the way Anton, did anyone tell you that you look alot like Naomi Cambell?;)

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,876 Posts
treufreund said:
I don't agree with letting lindsay and amelie play before finishing the men's matches! :fiery:
That's not good , bad basically irrelevant. What is relevant, some players are likely to be through to the semis before other players ( Myskina, Pierce in particular ) would complete their R16. As yesterday showed, even with this kind of rain they can get 3 sets of play on AA, but 1 set at most on any other court.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The schedule (available to the public) was made with the idea that the weather would be great...therefore...all matches that played late into the night...are never first match on...

In house their is always a different schedule that accomodates potential rain delays...

Thats why...the contingent schedule is now in effect...thus Ai and Fran are next on and so is Myskina and Pierce...

BTW...just saw Pierce walking to her court and she looked very unhappy...

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The big mistake is putting Rodprick on as the night match in order to please USA. It's theoretically possible they could get all the day matches in but not the night matches; this would force Rodprick to play four consecutive days, or force the organizers to move the final to Monday.

Better to get all the men's fourth round matches out of the way and then put the two women's QFs on at night. The worst that happens in this case if the night matches get rained out is that the women play three straight days -- which is SOP at WTA Tour events.

·
Banned
5,055 Posts
*yawn* ok I'll repeat for the 2304982309482304923893490234890 times:

1) Don't you think if they would have the chance to put Ai and Schiavone first they would do it? So there HAS to be a reason they are not first.

2) There is a "rule", if you are on the site waiting to play your match the day before at 23h00 / 0h00, you're NOT going to play at 11 am the day after. That's just common sense. I won't bother explaning why that should be obvious.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Scheduling considerations is not as easy as you guys think. There are contracts and negotiations to be made with the networks.
Why dont we just support whatever they come up with, I'm sure its the best they could do. I dont think CBS or USA is happy to air AI match in that day. remember contract is contract, money is involved here and also, a lot of networks around the world are expecting big matches at least, even if just only one match.

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,876 Posts
whiteplains said:
Thats why...the contingent schedule is now in effect...thus Ai and Fran are next on and so is Myskina and Pierce...
Rainless time window with this weather is 1-1.5 hour at best.

They get AA court ready in 30-40 minutes, and with warm-up, they get play started in 40-50 minutes after rain stops. But other courts would not be ready earlier than in 40-50 minutes after that, and by then rain starts again. During the next piece of play Clijsters and Mauresmo will probably complete the first set. Myskina-Pierce and Sugiyama-Schiavone might not play a point by then.

It's just a matter of priority of organizers. And the priority is money. Last year they compensated for two rained sessions, and that was pure charity, because they had one match completed in both of those sessions, so , technically, they didn't have to compensate. This year is different. So, I think, their priority is to get the Clijsters match completed during the day and by that, nullify their obligations for today's ticketholders. That _IS_ a priority, not completeing matches that are likely to go into their fourth day.

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,876 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
Priority is money but let's not forget about the fans... There are thousands of people waiting for Clijsters/Mauresmo and probably less than 100 waiting for Schiavone/Sugiyama, less than 500 for Myskina/Pierce.
Yes, and there could be thousands of fans waiting for the next Henin match, or Capriati match, and those matches won't happen before R16 is completed. DO you really think that fans here are more interested in Clijsters than in Capriati?

·
Premium Member
172,290 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
Priority is money but let's not forget about the fans... There are thousands of people waiting for Clijsters/Mauresmo and probably less than 100 waiting for Schiavone/Sugiyama, less than 500 for Myskina/Pierce.

If that was the case they would have kicked all the other players out and just got ready for Agassi vs Roddick on Sunday afternoon :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.