44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**Caution: Numerous spelling Errors Through Out**

http://www.wtafans.com/columnists/columnist005_special.html

The Rise & Fall of Venus Williams
The Undermining of Serena Williams
By Phillip Sofny
Special to WTAFANS.COM

Back when Richard Williams was predicting that Venus ^ Derena Williams would become the Numbers one(1) and two(2) players in the wwprld, few beside members of the Williams family believed it.
Some, including luminiaries of the Tennisworld for evample, Martina
Navratilova took issue with that. And not without good reason,the
sisters still had games that were unfinished, ganes that need some
polishing to smooth out the rough edges.

I cane to agree with RWilliams'assessessment of his daughters as the best in the world even befpre the had the ranking yo validate it. Despite the passage of current events, I still believe the continue to be the best.

The evidence seems to suggest that Venus is no longer possesses the same passion on the Tenni scourt that she once dit. Some asses this malaise as a loss of confidence. Perhaps! All wagree that Serena's dominance of Venus has struct a chord with Venus.

The question is what is wrong with Venus? Enidently, Venus is
struggling to come to terms with the realization that she is no longer the best tennis player in the world. Moreover, she must with the realization tha the person wuho usurped her position, is one of the people she loves best her "little: sister Serena. In effest, she is no longer even the brst Tennis player in her family!

Tjis cirumstance and her out side interests seem to have Venus gripped in a malaise that she seems not close to escaping. If Vnus were to be able to bounce back and reach the final at Wimbledion, I believe that she would recapture her formaer spirit and become the formidable Venus of old.

But, thethrnaround time is too short-Ywo(2) weeks. With the igmo,imy of her defeat by a lesser player, and her recovery from a recent injury. I t' soesm't lppk good. Venus has revealed a personality that would nerver settke for sevonf best. And the most recent rankins duggest that she id not even that.(Venus is now ranked Sivth)/ The one person who knows Venus Tennis bestsaid before she went on to win her first Grand Slam in 2000, that sghe was seriously considering retiring from YTennis. The statement was larfrly discounted. I disregarded it myself, But like Richard's earlier predictions were correct but only premature.

If Nenus doeses mot reach the final at Wimble don or at the us Open, we might be seeing a transition. They willsayy "Hoe the mighty have fallen!" Venus Williamds has left and gone away!

When Serena Williams lost to Justin Henin-Hardenne in the semifinals at , Roland Garros, it was evidence of something very, very wrong.

Of course Henin-Hardenne id a formidable player and she had to be close
to win. However, the evidence suggests she had help.

Serena, unlike her early days is usually gracious i defeat. But in this
instanxe she continues to complain bitterly.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
this article was obviously written in Microsoft TURD. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
HUH who wrote that article? What's up w/all the fucked up spelling?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
LOL @ this "writing"
LOL @ Microsoft TURD!!!!!!!!!
Duh...ever heard of spell check
OMG, I'd be too embarrassed to own this CRAP!

·
Registered
264 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
**Caution: Numerous spelling Errors Through Out**

http://www.wtafans.com/columnists/columnist005_special.html

The Rise & Fall of Venus Williams
By Phillip Sofny
Special to WTAFANS.COM

Back when Richard Williams was predicting that Venus ^ Derena Williams would become the Numbers one(1) and two(2) players in the wwprld, few beside members of the Williams family believed it.
Some, including luminiaries of the Tennisworld for evample, Martina
Navratilova took issue with that. And not without good reason,the
sisters still had games that were unfinished, games that need some
polishing to smooth out the rough edges.

I came to agree with RWilliams'assesment of his daughters as the best in the world even before they had the ranking validate it. Despite the passage of current events, I still believe the continue to be the best.

The evidence seems to suggest that Venus is no longer possesses the same passion on the Tennis court that she once did. Some asses this malaise as a loss of confidence. Perhaps! All wagree that Serena's dominance of Venus has struct a chord with Venus.

The question is what is wrong with Venus? Evidently, Venus is
struggling to come to terms with the realization that she is no longer the best tennis player in the world. Moreover, she must with the realization that the person who usurped her position, is one of the people she loves best her "little: sister Serena. In effect, she is no longer even the best Tennis player in her family!

Tjis circumstance and her out side interests seem to have Venus gripped in a malaise that she seems not close to escaping. If Vnus were to be able to bounce back and reach the final at Wimbledion, I believe that she would recapture her former spirit and become the formidable Venus of old.

But, thethrnaround time is too short-Ywo(2) weeks. With the igmo,imy of her defeat by a lesser player, and her recovery from a recent injury. I t' soesm't lppk good. Venus has revealed a personality that would nerver settke for sevonf best. And the most recent rankins duggest that she id not even that.(Venus is now ranked Sivth)/ The one person who knows Venus Tennis bestsaid before she went on to win her first Grand Slam in 2000, that sghe was seriously considering retiring from YTennis. The statement was larfrly discounted. I disregarded it myself, But like Richard's earlier predictions were correct but only premature.

If Nenus doeses mot reach the final at Wimble don or at the us Open, we might be seeing a transition. They willsayy "Hoe the mighty have fallen!" Venus Williamds has left and gone away!

When Serena Williams lost to Justin Henin-Hardenne in the semifinals at , Roland Garros, it was evidence of something very, very wrong.

Of course Henin-Hardenne id a formidable player and she had to be close
to win. However, the evidence suggests she had help.

Serena, unlike her early days is usually gracious i defeat. But in this
instanxe she continues to complain bitterly.
I try to correct this person's spelling but could not do all.
Who wants him or her to write about Venus.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
thanks for trying hinquit but after reading 'Venus ^ Derena Williams' I dont think anyone wants to read this article... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The author really needs a good spell check!

Venus is going to come back on fire. She is tired of loosing.

Watch out tour!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts