Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yet again Venus has pulled out of a tournment. This particular occurence actually effects me seeing that I bought tickets mostly based on the fact she was going to be there. I personally dont feel shes injured but rather both her and Serena dont see the point in playing one hard court event when the clay court season begins in 2 weeks. They both are injured so often that sudden change in surface could mean the end of a good french open for either player. I do believe Venus when she says shes injured but is she injured enough to not play??.... umm Im not so sure about that (hell Maria has been injured for about 8 months and yet she plays and gets far).

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I doubt that. Venus would probably want to win some matches before the clay court season and in a tournament where she has done well in the past.

Its a shame she pulled out but hey i hope she does decide to come back.

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
confused.

Are you meant to be asking a question with the title of your thread? Looking for an answer to why she withdrew, or simply giving us the reason, because that certinaly doenst read like one.

Im really sorry for you :sad: that you have tickets but arent going to get to see her, because in your situation i would have hated it, but it is her tennis career and if she says she is injured, we have to believe her as fans!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I suspect the tournament organizers knew well in advance that neither Williams would be there, but Venus probaly agreed seing its her "hometown" tournament to help with promotion by not having them publicize the withdrawal until they could sell some tickets.
The practice seems to be routine with Agassi of late.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
Yeah I feel your pain about buying the tickets but if I haven't learned anything I've learned this don't buy tennis tickets in advance if you are just going to see one player because you will inevitably be disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts