Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we are again...

Now imo, whoever wins the final tomorrow will be the real no. 1. If Justine wins, she would have split the slams with Serena this year + playing more tournaments and doing well in them + having more titles + having a winning h2h against the whole top 10 bar venus, who she only played once this year

If Kim wins, then although she has one less slam than serena, she has the championships, and her SF F SF W record would arguably rival serena's W SF W DNP + of course she has the most titles this year + we know how difficult it is to play as much as her and still win so much

So here's for a great match tomorrow :bounce:

·
Banned
191 Posts
I concur.

·
Banned
1,856 Posts
moby said:
Well, here we are again...

Now imo, whoever wins the final tomorrow will be the real no. 1. If Justine wins, she would have split the slams with Serena this year + playing more tournaments and doing well in them + having more titles + having a winning h2h against the whole top 10 bar venus, who she only played once this year

If Kim wins, then although she has one less slam than serena, she has the championships, and her SF F SF W record would arguably rival serena's W SF W DNP + of course she has the most titles this year + we know how difficult it is to play as much as her and still win so much

So here's for a great match tomorrow :bounce:

Why start this "some old shite" again...??? WHOEVER HAS THE GREATER NUMBER OF RANKING POINTS WILL BE THE REAL NUMBER ONE (1)...!!! EOM

·
Registered
504 Posts
Serena is still the best no matter what happens here! I mean how u can say Clijsters will be the real no1 when she hasnt even beaten Serena this yr and has a 7-1 loss record against her. Henin can claim to be better than her on clay but not on other surfaces.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What is that word "real" means. Kim is not real. She is just another
fortunate person to get there in the absence of certain people or a
beneficiary of the system, computer ranking.
I think Henin has a case to argue for the first position while Serena is
sidelined for injury.

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, what i meant to say was not that kim doesnt deserve to be the no.1 if she loses

but that justine would deserve it more if she wins
in fact whoever wins will lead the race to chase, the reflection of who's playing well at the moment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.