Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's suppose there's a tennis Hall of Fame.<br />Let's suppose it has a 'Pantheon' room, with only the greatest of the great. In order for another player to get in, one has to go.

Who gets in?

My picks

Court<br />Graf<br />Navratilova<br />Moody

Which means I left out

Evert<br />King<br />Connolly<br />Seles and<br />Lenglen

All of whom an arguement could be made for.<br />What say you?

Reactions: Lee-Waters' Boy

·
25,388 Posts
I'll bite at the bait. Only 4? My "mega-goddesses" would be

1. Wills(Moody)
2. Graf
3. Navratilova
4. Evert
5. Lenglen
6. Court

If you limit me to 4-I'd stick with your list because it has balance, with 2 baseliners(Wills-Graf) and 2 who could play serve-volley(Court-Navratilova), plus diversity of nations, if you think of Martina as a Czech.

King , Seles, and Connolly would be goddeses in my tennis "pantheon", with Hingis types a minor deity! :)

Those beyond the top 6 are never talked about as the VERY best of all time-except for Mo Connolly, because she won a grand slam in 1953.

BTW Volcana, your "Overrated top 10" post was pretty funny ;)

November 19, 2001: Message edited by: Rollo

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
King vs Lenglen - Just on tennis ability. Who's better?

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Volcana said:
King vs Lenglen - Just on tennis ability. Who's better?
Lenglen. She drank during changeovers and was as mentally fragile as they come. But she lost about once in 6-7 years. King had great tennis ability, but also had the edge of being mentally tough.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Actually, it WAS an old farts thread. Now we are all a couple years older so it is a really old farts thread.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
disposablehero said:
Actually, it WAS an old farts thread. Now we are all a couple years older so it is a really old farts thread.
You're so childish......to be a veteran.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts