Tennis Forum banner
621 - 640 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I said before it's not that vaccination were not an issues before. Of course in our bible belt but also antroposofen were against it and that group became bigger in the last years. Our dutch tv host Arjen Lubach had an item about that last year.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
The item is even older longer before covid was a thing

·
Registered
125 Posts
this means raducanu, venus, serena, osaka, fernandez are all vaccinated as well as ex players like sharapova
Careful. They were also required to wear a mask and no one did. As for Sharapova though I think she is vaccinated. First, she is not the one that says no to drugs and second a couple of weeks ago she was in England at a time, when visitors were required to quarantine unless they are fully vaccinated.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
on the thread about Osaka and the press conferences, it talks about Bencic comments about that and also says Bencic hasn't decided if she is going to get the vaccine yet or not!
What's the matter with these people!?
They seem very poorly informed.
Waiting so long or not getting it entirely.
Making it mandatory at the AO should motivate a huge number of them.
Other tournaments should have done this ages ago.

The anti-vaxxers have to be dragged in with vaccine passports or mandatory vaccination for access to events.
I have turned against various players I used to like for their stance, Tsitsipas was the worst, literally saying he hopes he gets it so he can pass it along, and help get us to herd immunity.
Exact quote.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
In my country the corona rating go higher and higher despite that a lot of people are already vaccinated. Maybe getting rid of the mouth masks in public places so soon wasn't that smart afterall but then peppi and kokki aka Rutte and De Jonge have failed over and over again in corona issues since march 2020.
Vaccinated people are still getting it though the vast majority of people getting it are the unvaccinated. In canada it's 80-90% unvaccinated getting it.
But the more important thing is when vaccinated people get it, they almost never require hospitalization, it is much milder.
Another reason more vaccinated people are getting it, is more people are vaccinated.

Getting rid of masks indoors was not the right move. We kept them here and our numbers are way better than the US and Europe. The US has now tried to get masks wearing back indoors, at least some state, the smarter ones.
The one province that did away with restrictions first in Canada, and took the "we're free now" attitude, Alberta, now has a covid crisis while almost all of the rest of the country is doing good.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
many people don't realize this, but vacs for things like measles, polio etc have been mandatory forever in primary schools. At least in Canada, but I suspect many places. Yet they are so reluctant with covid.
Phenomenal stupidity. But of course there has to be access.

They're afraid of the protests. And bullshit about "civil rights"

actually, "phenomenal stupidity" is treating all diseases and all vaccines as if they are the same, when each case is different. COVID has a low fatality rate that doesn't justify mandatory vaccination, people in free countries can make up their own minds about it. We already see that Britain and much of Europe are rejecting the mandates, and the US has been following Britain's trend by 2-3 months.

Anyway get ready for this thread to turn into the same old COVID shitshow that the admins will have to shut down.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
actually, "phenomenal stupidity" is treating all diseases and all vaccines as if they are the same. COVID has a low fatality rate that doesn't justify mandatory vaccination, people in free countries can make up their own minds about it. We already see that Britain and much of Europe are rejecting the mandates, and the US has been following Britain's trend by 2-3 months.

Anyway get ready for this thread to turn into the same old COVID shitshow that the admins will have to shut down.
Thank God for the vaccines. If it wasn't for them, 2000+ people would be dying every day in the UK, like the winter. In fact it would be a lot more, because we have no lockdowns or restrictions now.

The health services in the UK are still under massive strain dealing with all the backlog of cancelled operations and treatments because of all the hospital beds and personnel taken up with Covid patients. Many people will die of cancer, heart disease and other life-threatening conditions in the next two years because they were not seen in time during the pandemic or are still not being seen/treated, people that would have survived in normal times.

·
Registered
48,681 Posts
No offence to him but like how was he on the guest list, I get the others we've seen are either major names or the USO ladies finalists. But is Wimbledon finalist really enough for this?
Fashion houses buy table, he Italian and major brands are Italian

·
Registered
36,662 Posts
Fashion houses buy table, he Italian and major brands are Italian
Also quite possible that Anna WINTOUR finds him easy on the eyes…

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Careful. They were also required to wear a mask and no one did. As for Sharapova though I think she is vaccinated. First, she is not the one that says no to drugs and second a couple of weeks ago she was in England at a time, when visitors were required to quarantine unless they are fully vaccinated.
😭

·
Registered
15,197 Posts
Also quite possible that Anna WINTOUR finds him easy on the eyes…
Well, he's objectively very good looking.

621 - 640 of 648 Posts