Tennis Forum banner
581 - 600 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
can you show me where it says that WTA players are obligated to publicly reveal their COVID vaccination status, or any other private health information?

If i were Sabs, i would just answer "none of your business" if anyone asks about it, and that's the end of the discussion.
Only mentioned her because in the past she's made public statements about mistrusting the vaccine, ignorant statements that she doesn't know what's in it and that it was developed too fast. That can very damaging coming from a public figure, at a time when we are trying to go back to normal by getting people vaccinated and battling misinformation out there.

It's a bit late for "none of your business".

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Only mentioned her because in the past she's made public statements about mistrusting the vaccine, ignorant statements that she doesn't know what's in it and that it was developed too fast. That can very damaging coming from a public figure, at a time when we are trying to go back to normal by getting people vaccinated and battling misinformation out there.

It's a bit late for "none of your business".

sure, people are going to ask her, since she made those statements. But she doesn't have to answer.

I imagine there are 10 or 15 WTA players in the Top 100 (and more on the ATP side) who aren't vaccinated. Unless there is some law that i'm unaware of, they are not obligated to raise their hands and say "I decided not to vaccinate". And by the same token, players who did vaccinate don't have to reveal that information to the general public.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
You literally read my mind. Is Sabalenka the last top player outstanding?
Plane Hijacker Lukashenko said Covd19 is a joke and you can get rid of it with Vodka and Sauna. So who is she to mistrust her Maximo Leader?

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
on the thread about Osaka and the press conferences, it talks about Bencic comments about that and also says Bencic hasn't decided if she is going to get the vaccine yet or not!
What's the matter with these people!?
Freedom of choice.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
You know, something wonderful happens for people, it allows us to return to a normal way of life, to make a living. I remember when you first posted a list of those vaccinated and it didn’t take long before people were pushing conspiracy theories or saying they are being forced to do something with their bodies. Ah no folks, just trying to save your life. Sorry I just had to chime in here.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You know, something wonderful happens for people, it allows us to return to a normal way of life, to make a living. I remember when you first posted a list of those vaccinated and it didn’t take long before people were pushing conspiracy theories or saying they are being forced to do something with their bodies. Ah no folks, just trying to save your life. Sorry I just had to chime in here.
People with low IQ would drink cyanide in order to return to "a normal way of life".

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
"Massive opportunities?" Are some tournaments going to insist that players be vaccinated before turning up at their venues?
No, that's just Mugenberg being Mugenberg.

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Banned
206 Posts
freedom of choice and who cares about society and herd immunity? Bencic is an idiot, she's proved that time and time again
I'm British and I haven't had the vaccine. I also went to Wimbledon and came across thousands of people. I tested myself before and after visiting. It was negative. Everyone has a choice. As Casper Ruud correctly pointed out in his interview, most of the players are suspicious of the vaccine. I agree with them. Nothing you can do about that. Deal with it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm British and I haven't had the vaccine. I also went to Wimbledon and came across thousands of people. I tested myself before and after visiting. It was negative
You're so good.......that's why..
I went to work one day this winter and there were 10 colleagues around me and I was positive. Just like that. But I'm a weakling.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
No matter how you look at it and I have decide to take the vaccine in two weeks anyway. It's still should stay a free choice otherwise the "wappies" could be right in the end afterall.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
People with low IQ would drink cyanide in order to return to "a normal way of life".
No, when the Center for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration say the vaccine is safe, I believe them. In the US, these two agencies have been the benchmark for excellence when it comes to fighting illnesses and viruses. They determine which vaccines are necessary for children to return to school. We have had an incredible success rate with the vaccines in this county. Sure, there have been some deaths. However, in recent weeks the only people who have passed away from COVID were those that were not vaccinated. It is not a matter of being forced to drink the “Kool-Aid”, it is just a matter of following the science. If someone decides to decline the vaccine, they are taking a tremendous chance with their lives with these new, more powerful and deadly variants. I don’t know what the situation is in your county, but here in the US it has allowed us to return to a guarded, yet more normal way of life. For the first time in a while, I will be able to travel internationally and the only way that is possible is because I am vaccinated.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
In my country the corona rating go higher and higher despite that a lot of people are already vaccinated. Maybe getting rid of the mouth masks in public places so soon wasn't that smart afterall but then peppi and kokki aka Rutte and De Jonge have failed over and over again in corona issues since march 2020.

581 - 600 of 648 Posts