Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 653 Posts

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As we need to keep track of every player thought it might be useful, to those of you were here it's pretty much going to resemble the famous cursed flights to Australia thread.

Note: this thread is sctrictly for covid-19 vaccinations, for future pandemics we are going to use another thread.

Vaccinated:
Qiang Wang
Swiatek
Bacsinszky
Clijsters
Barty
Kvitova
Azarenka
Mertens
Kerber
Halep
Osaka
Duan
Puig
Perez
Sanders
Kudryavtseva
Stefani
Zhao
Ahn
Fernandez
Potapova
Bouchard
Xinyu Wang
Kalashnikova
Dabrowski
Guarachi
Krawczyk

Contrary to covid-19 vaccines (and/or anti-vaxxxers )
Sabalenka

On the fence:
Svitolina

Reactions: Raducutie

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Halep - made the right decision
Svitolina - sort of understandable
Sabalenka - a complete nincompoop

I work for the NHS - I am very passionate about this subject, I trust the science, the evidence and I expect it will shine through strongly in this thread...

people like you who consider yourselves morally superior to everyone else and entitled to tell others what to do with their own bodies, are actually the strongest argument against getting vaccinated.

If you want more people to vaccinate, the best thing you can do is to keep quiet, or at least tone down the judging and the moralizing.

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Off to a promising start.

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
people like you who consider yourselves morally superior to everyone else and entitled to tell others what to do with their own bodies, are actually the strongest argument against getting vaccinated.

If you want more people to vaccinate, the best thing you can do is to keep quiet, or at least tone down the judging and the moralizing.
I won’t on this subject. I believe in saving the lives of vulnerable where possible, and the science will eventually encourage the uptake of vaccines anyway - regardless of mine or anybody’s advocacy. It just takes some people longer than others to make an informed decision.

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If someone doesn’t want the covid-19 vaccine doesn’t mean they are anti-vax in general but they are against this vaccine. The people who sit on a high horse and shame others for something that is their own decision are the ones repelling other people from getting vaccinated
I was in a bit of a rush, I'm renaming tha category.

Reactions: Soca

·
Registered
8,421 Posts

The problem is that we are in the middle of a pandemic with > 2 millions dead already, and fighting the ignorance is fighting the pandemic. The worst thing is that I am sure that ignorants like Sabalenka or Rublev haven't bothered to read even one of the thousand articles published about the vaccines, why they have been developed quickly, why they are safe and why they are already saving lives. So yeah, they are free to not get vaccinated, but under the circumstances people have the right to slam them for their ignorance.

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: Raducutie

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And what vaccine do you think I am talking about ?
nevermind your following sentece made it clear you were referring to various types of covid vaccines.

·
Registered
379 Posts

If someone doesn’t want the covid-19 vaccine doesn’t mean they are anti-vax in general but they are against this vaccine. The people who sit on a high horse and shame others for something that is their own decision are the ones repelling other people from getting vaccinated
Hair Nose Face Cheek Lip

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I won’t on this subject. I believe in saving the lives of vulnerable where possible, and the science will eventually encourage the uptake of vaccines anyway - regardless of mine or anybody’s advocacy. It just takes some people longer than others to make an informed decision.
I am not an anti-vaxxer and I already got vaccinated because my job mandated it, but it sucked to say it nicely. Half the office that all took it had extreme drowziness/groggyness/nasty headache and other crappy effects the few days after getting them, and ended up missing work for the first time during the COVID era. Ironically, in the past year of all the people that I know of that got the actual virus, we had by far the worst symptoms as the known side effects of the vaccine considering the others were mostly asymptomatic (simply found out on the weekly required test we are required to get). People can tell me that the after effects of the vaccines are significantly better than the worst case scenario the actual virus can cause, but the feeling still sucks, simple as that.

The fact that people don't want to come running me first please please please! isn't that surprising...this is very different from the flu shot or Hepatitus B vaccine where it has a long proven track record with minimal effects. And I'm not even talking about potential long term effects, the point is that you are probably gonna feel shittier than you felt the whole last year during the pandemic immediately after the shots, which sucks in general even if it is necessary.

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ignorants like Sabalenka or Rublev haven't bothered to read even one of the thousand articles published about the vaccines
Well, if we wanna nitpick the same could be said for the vast majority of the people who underwent the vaccines.

1 - 20 of 653 Posts