Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Lindsay in style over pratt ;)

yes, i know that was a little while ago, but i haven't posted in this thread for a while. it gets a little too crowded in here ;)

vamos lindsay - very well played and i know that your confidence is streaking up after a nice opening to 2003! im sure that you will take revenge on kim for all the evil she's done to you in the past ;) when you reach the semifinals :D

go lindsay :D (sorry lisa :sad: )

sorry you guys lost in doubles by the way :sad: - i was very upset to hear that :sad:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I think Lindsay plays in about 30 mins time and I also think it is televised on Eurosport. I have set my video and reluctantly come to work. Oh do hope its on TV

GOOD LUCK LINDSAY AGAINST LISA - YOU CAN WIN THIS!
:D

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
crap I had this enormous post and my computer crashed....

okay bad news for me is I haven't gotten her autograph yet - I saw her train for 2 mins before the rain set in - she wasn't signing autographs then and Rick said she'd sign if they returned (which they didn't) :(

What was funny when she was practising was I rocked up there like a few other people and when I got there Lindsay and Rick just turned around and I was in one of those uh oh situations <vbg>

re: match against Lisa.

I was at the match against Lisa.

The first set was full of a lot of breaks in serves - players trying to get use to the conditions (plus they didn't get on court till almost 11pm because of the massive rain delay).

The second set was clinical Lindsay 6/1 - not as many u/e as usual, definitely more winners - granted I've seen Lisa play better than this but she was simply outclassed in the second set in particular.

The goatee guy was Lisa's coach David - he sat next to Rick and they chatted the whole match <g>

re: Rick's coaching style

he's pretty much like Robert in that he doesn't show any emotion when his player is on court - the only thing he does which I noticed was he has a notepad in which he writes comments most likely about technique, body language, racquets... (Lindsay had a major problem with the stringing of her racquets in this match especially in the first set).

What really impressed me in this match was when Lindsay was up 4-1 in the second set she didn't drop any of her intensity or fall into that pattern where she switches off - she kept up the same intensity to the very end and it impressed me a hell of a lot.

I'll be at the match tomorrow night when she plays Daniella H (if she can win that match she'll get extra quality points because of the rankings) and I'm hoping I can snag Lindsay's autograph tomorrow night before the match :)

Btw, Lindsay's seeded 9th for the Aust. Open - draw gets done on Friday.

I took photos but I'm not sure if they'll work because it was dark when I took the shots :)

ohhh and Val, Jon is not in Sydney (well he hasn't been at the matches) <g>

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
c'mon Jon isnt there!so Lindsay can finally win some tourneys!hopefully he doesnt arrive for Aus Open... :angel:
thanks for ur great report,Nadine! :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well Done Lindsay!

Good Luck against Daniela!

Does she play tonight?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
yeah she's playing tonight - it's before the men's singles match (I think) - my two favs are playing tonight so I'm hoping they can clean sweep :)

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
Well Done Lindsay!

:worship:
:worship:

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
LINDSAY B. HANTUCHOVA! ;) U must thank me cos Lindsay was losing 4-2 in third set and i was taping it in the same tape where I've recorded my poor France losing DC final against Russia :sad: at 4-2 third set i said to myself "probably this tape jinks..France lost and Lindsay is losing too" so i stopped to record it and after that things went much better! :p

I promise I wont use that tape anymore! :angel:

GO LINDSAY,BEAT PANOVA TOMORROW AND GO INTO THE FINAL! :bounce:

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Nadine,pls tell us something more about Lindsay's match!we watched it on tv but being there is very different! ;)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
what do you want to know?

It was the most nerve-wracking match I've watched in my life - beats the 2001 AI Final & the 2000 Olympics Gold Medal Men's Doubles final - and to top them it had to be remarkable.

Both players did not play well - Lindsay was definitely sluggish - Daniela stepped up her game and Lindsay couldn't counter-act it. The breaks were going everywhere, there were a lot of close calls and the crowd didn't want the match to end.

As much as a fan I am of Lindsay, I don't think the match deserved to end the way it did - yes it deserved to end with a tie-breaker, but double faulting always puts a damper on it.

Lindsay looked like she wasn't pleased with her performance and I don't blame her :) I think Rick will be doing some fine tuning before tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I'm pretty impressed by him so far - he seemed really nice the other day when I saw him for like 2 mins when they were training <g>

I think he's very much like Robert when it comes to watching the matches - just sits back and watches it and doesn't show much emotion, chats for a while to people around him and carries his notepad (he was writing notes about Hantuchova I think - probably strengths / weaknesses) - he should add there - Lindsay's unforced errors ;)

101 - 120 of 148 Posts