Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your first year as senior and your 2nd time in Aussie Open! You can do better than last year! Keep making history for tennis world! You are truly an inspiration! Go extra miles, Angie! Go, go and go and never give up! :) :cool: :D :wavey: :bounce: :wavey: :bounce: :wavey: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANGIE IS TO DEFEND POINTS

Hi, guys...Angie is to defend big points as semi-finalist in Shanghai this year...But, Shanghai for 2003 is going to be Princess Cup which is moved from Tokyo...Indeed, tier II...So, does anyone know how the points will work? I mean, for players who did play at Shanghai and Princess Cup this year? Like Angie, will she lsoe her points at all or if she is participating in S'hai in 2003...she is counted as new participant with no points to defend? Por favor!:cool: :cool: :cool: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
Good Luck Angie :)

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Go Angie!!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
lokamaya, Angie still need to defend Shanghai SF points(60 pts). And yes next year's Shanghai tournament move back one week, but she can still defend those points in Bali next year as Bali will replace this year Shanghai's spot. Angie didn't play singles in Princess Cup due to her good performances in Shanghai this year, so if she will play Shanghai next year, yes she will be counted as new participant with no points to defend at that week :wavey: .

·
Registered
566 Posts
hey good luck angie!! hope she reach at least the 3 round will be good !!!

by the way who's her partner for doubles..will it be tatiana Garbin..or Tammy?? wont be wynne rite?

spread LOVE

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Good luck Angie! Hope you to get a surprise by defeat seeded player on there! :lick: whoever she is!
And, good luck to Wynne too. Will she in the maindraw or will she take qualifier zone? Well, perhaps she'll join Angie in maindraw.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WYNNE IS IN MD FOR AUSSIE OPEN

Hardiansf...Wynne is safe since she is inside top 110...Her ranking is now 105...Yes, she is together with Angie, Ai Sugiyama, Tamarine Tanasugarn, Iroda Tulyaganova, Cho Yoon Jeong, and Shinobu Asagoe as the seven Asian magnificents in the MAIN DRAW of 2003 Aussie Open!!!

It will be great for Angie & Wynne to reach up to 3rd round along with Cho & Asagoe! AI and Tammy should go up to 4th round at least...as well as Iroda! If they do that, it will be quite a celebration for Asia!:cool: :wavey: :cool: :wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOOPS, SEVEN ASIAN MAGNIFICENTS PLUS

Ooops, I left out Akiko Morigami who received wild card since she came out as the winner at the Asian Championships right after AG Busan which was held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan! Yes, we will have 8 Asian ladies in main draw! It is awesome!:wavey: :bounce: :wavey: :bounce: :wavey: :bounce:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts
I doubt wynne can get into the main draw directly since she will not be playing any tournament before OZ Open.. I guess she had points to defend on gold coast and adidas sydney :( :(

Morover, there are other players who is below her fighting to get into the main draw spot!!!

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THANKS SATYA

Thanks Satya for Angie's picture...She looks thin...I bet, it is an old picture...What trophy is she holding? It is a sweet picture of her! Go extra miles Angie in your first time MD at OZ Open!!!:) :) :) :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WHAT A GREAT SHOT OF ANGIE!

Thanks Satya for keep posting Angie's picture...I assume this one is taken when she lost against Marta Marrero in 1R of Wismilak Intl in Nusa Dua, Bali...I am excited what new costume she will wear in Australia! Keep practicing hard, G!:) :cool: :D :wavey:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts