Tennis Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Not me. I'm always grumpy this time of year too and there is one reason why: Christmas music.

This sums up my reaction to Christmas music:

😂so true.I used to work next to a place that would play the same Christmas songs on a loop. Every single year:

Weirdly, the only exception I make to the I-hate-Christmas-music rule is Mariah Carey's classic song which has reached #1 again🤭
haha. I can understand the sentiment. I just say it's a small part of the year, so just enjoy what's there, even if the songs be rather recycled (and hell, even often the same sermons recycled on Christmas Day at church).

However if you want something a little different, here is some choral music which actually sounds holy:

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
In Germany we have nothing, just the 4 Hills tournament in ski jumping starting a few days after Xmas.

Boxing Day from the UK is nice to watch, but german league goes into Winterbreak
Yeah, that's one thing I love about Christmas, all the Premier League festive football, a big tradition here. Amazon have the UK rights on Boxing Day and have a match at 12.30pm (1.30 you), 6 @ 3pm, 5.30pm and 8pm, then another match the following evening. There's a full round of fixtures at the weekend, and then New Years Day is pretty much the same as Boxing Day, but the matches are staggered out a bit better, with only 3 at 3pm rather than 6, so more match choice at the other slots

I also like the darts as well over the holidays. I know the PDC have been making in roads into Germany over the years and there's a lot of events there now, and a few players starting to emerge.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,588 Posts
Yeah, that's one thing I love about Christmas, all the Premier League festive football, a big tradition here. Amazon have the UK rights on Boxing Day and have a match at 12.30pm (1.30 you), 6 @ 3pm, 5.30pm and 8pm, then another match the following evening. There's a full round of fixtures at the weekend, and then New Years Day is pretty much the same as Boxing Day, but the matches are staggered out a bit better, with only 3 at 3pm rather than 6, so more match choice at the other slots

I also like the darts as well over the holidays. I know the PDC have been making in roads into Germany over the years and there's a lot of events there now, and a few players starting to emerge.
i will watch Boxing Day premiere league as well.
Sky Germany will broadcast lot of matches, with the highlight LFC vs. Leicester.

And yes, Darts becomes famous in Germany as well, and is always a option to watch on those boring days.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
i will watch Boxing Day premiere league as well.
Sky Germany will broadcast lot of matches, with the highlight LFC vs. Leicester.

And yes, Darts becomes famous in Germany as well, and is always a option to watch on those boring days.
Yeah, although one of the matches was Man City away, it's a bit of a shame Leicester have stalled a little in recent weeks as it would have been a bit more interesting if they went into that match 5 or 7 points behind Liverpool, rather than the 10 (with Liverpool having a game in hand as well), but still worth watching.

Man Utd vs my team Newcastle at 5.30pm would have been interesting circa 1993-2005, but Man Utd are struggling this year, and it's a long time since Newcastle were relevant. It'll still do big numbers for Amazon as they are both very well supported teams, but it's really just a mid table clash with one of them doing worse than expected, and the other doing a lot better.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Yeah, although one of the matches was Man City away, it's a bit of a shame Leicester have stalled a little in recent weeks as it would have been a bit more interesting if they went into that match 5 or 7 points behind Liverpool, rather than the 10 (with Liverpool having a game in hand as well), but still worth watching.

Man Utd vs my team Newcastle at 5.30pm would have been interesting circa 1993-2005, but Man Utd are struggling this year, and it's a long time since Newcastle were relevant. It'll still do big numbers for Amazon as they are both very well supported teams, but it's really just a mid table clash with one of them doing worse than expected, and the other doing a lot better.
Do you even know Liverpool? They can be 30 points ahead with 2 games left and they'll still find a way to lose. Also, I think Manchester City is still the biggest threat.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Do you even know Liverpool? They can be 30 points ahead with 2 games left and they'll still find a way to lose. Also, I think Manchester City is still the biggest threat.
Believe me, I know all about blowing huge leads. I'm still scarred from this title run in 24 years ago, as a 9 year old:

Mid February, 9 points clear, game in hand, far superior goal difference, Man Utd only had 12 games left to play, yet we still blew it. A spectacular infamous collapse, so it can happen, but it just don't see it this year with Liverpool, despite their barren league title run over the 'Premier League' era.

I'd agree now that City are still the biggest threat, especially after beating Leicester the other day - that was a significant match as it was a win at the Etihad that made many start to think Leicester could actually do the unthinkable a few years ago, but potentially 14 points adrift really is huge.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Have you guys seen Australia's latest tourism ad (targeted at Brits)? Ash makes an appearance at around 30s as does a quokka :D

What do you think? I think it misses the mark a little as the song is too drawn out and not catchy enough. And they don't showcase the natural landmarks enough... although some are probably up in flames right now :cry:

101 - 107 of 107 Posts