Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
:haha: That's brilliant! I stand corrected. They should do a special release of the movie titled: Kevin McCallister - The Making of a Murderer.

@ishgever to add to my recommendation, do start with Die Hard but follow with Home Alone where it gets both more Christmassy and disturbingly violent than John McClane's heroics.
oh btw Die Hard has its own version

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
My family isn't Christian, but since I come from a mixed background we do a small family get together on Christmas day. Nothing religious or anything, but it's nice for my nephews and stuff.

Maybe I should try watching some Christmas movies - never done so before :grin2:

חג שמח וכשר לשנינו! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ironically I am not particularly keen on Christmas services. They do make it really nice for the public, sing carols and do stories for kids, and a present a simple Christmas message but I actually prefer the 'regular' services because I know in all likelihood they will just preach off the same Luke 1-2 message regarding the birth of Jesus and the angel visitation to Mary bearing good news. I still go to them but I find the standard sermons outside of Christmas are more up my alley :lol: (I mean the last sermon series from Paul's letter to Corinthians was on stuff like Paul scolding certain Christians for taking each other to court over trivial matters, and being selfish during shared communion meal, and talking over one another, and even some who were sleeping with their father's wife, which is more juicy to discuss :grin2:) though I do understand how big a blessing the birth of Jesus is from a Christian standpoint.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
oh btw Die Hard has its own version

omg, this YT channel :rolls:

Michael Bolton sings alternate versions of those songs (see the creepy man song about 2.40min in). I'm not sure if his orange tinge was intentional as a nod to oompa loompas... but I think I may have to add Willy Wonka to my list now :lol:

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
omg, this YT channel :rolls:

Michael Bolton sings alternate versions of those songs (see the creepy man song about 2.40min in). I'm not sure if his orange tinge was intentional as a nod to oompa loompas... but I think I may have to add Willy Wonka to my list now :lol:

there is a nice companion channel too called "How It Should Have Ended".

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm glad they killed off Jar Jar Binks in that version. He was one of the most annoying characters ever created.

I've started While You Were Sleeping and I think I like it because I can relate to Sandra Bullock's character. Just need to save a guy from the train tracks, pretend I'm his fiance and I'm set :lol:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
There's a very popular fan theory just for fun that says that Kevin McAllister because of his parents negligence grew up to become the psychopath from Saw. They really look like each other.

Home Alone is an unofficial prequel to Saw.

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
As a kid I loved christmas, because every kid loves it...
Later I hated it...

Now I like it again, because its basically just another oportunity to get drunk with my father, brother and cousin...
Besides, there always are a lot of pre-christmas parties+ new years eve+ Eastern Orthodox Christmas (got some family from Orthodox area), wich turns holiday time into a drinking marathon...

Only downside is annoying christmas songs, and the fact that its fuckin freezing...

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
oh man I found out I'm almost 3 years old on Tennisforum (signed up 25th December 2015!) how quickly time flies.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Eastern Orthodox Christmas (got some family from Orthodox area)
Where are the Orthodox areas in Poland? Near Belarus and Ukraine?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Near Belarus...

I’m not ethnically Polish, but some people in my family were born in Poland. I think they are all from Radom. Is that considered near Belarus? I can’t really remember exactly where it is on the map but I know it’s in the East :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
I’m not ethnically Polish, but some people in my family were born in Poland. I think they are all from Radom. Is that considered near Belarus? I can’t really remember exactly where it is on the map but I know it’s in the East :facepalm:

Nowhere near Radom... Im from Bialystok, and my cousin lives in a small, mostly orthodox village 40 km south...

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Nowhere near Radom... Im from Bialystok, and my cousin lives in a small, mostly orthodox village 40 km south...

Gotcha. I only recently found out there were Orthodox people in Poland. Do they identify as Poles or Ukrainians/Belarusians?

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
Gotcha. I only recently found out there were Orthodox people in Poland. Do they identify as Poles or Ukrainians/Belarusians?

Can't speak for all obviously, but Never met any Orthodox who identified himself as Ukrainian or Belarussian... Or who even knew Belarussian or Ukrainian language (Russian- yes, but only because they used to teach it in schools)...

·
夏の匂い。キ&#
104,564 Posts
This April I lost my beloved grandmother. Christmas is bullshit otherwise.

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,686 Posts
Dont really watch any movies but this is usually worth watching. They used to have the whole episode on youtube

Nice one :lol: It's good to see Macaulay looking healthier now. There was a time when he was gaunt and looked drugged up.
He did a show with Joe Rogan a few months ago. He seems to be quite healthy

41 - 60 of 96 Posts