Tennis Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27,727 Posts
I think one little bit clumsy thing about this new TF layout is advanced reply because it shows quite a small window. For instance it is more difficult to add 4 different photos and organize them logically in a small window even if I use preview before the finished reply.

Before this new system I didn't use much about subsciptions because in the old system it was easier to navigate and to find those threads that I was interested in.

·
#GloballyEli
16,289 Posts
'Classic II' grey for me...at least it makes it feel a bit more like home again!! :hearts: #OldSchool
Still hate the 'Recent Discussions' bar on that right hand side....it's not really necessary. And the whole forum is a bit slower to scroll through IMO....

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
TBH at this point I hardly even remember that there was a change. :lol: The main thing I dislike now is that the "Get Titles" option is pre-selected.

·
Registered
19,470 Posts
I am using the classic view and the main differences I notice are the likes and the notifications. Although I concede that both are useful to some extent, as a whole I find that they are quite distractive, especially the notifications. The only kind of notification that is genuinely useful is the "mention" function, because that can be used as a quick and convenient alternative to PMs.

TF would be far better off without all the tacky FB stuff like friend requests, likes etc. IMO. They seem like innocent fun at first, but in the longer term they create social expectations and obligations that an open discussion forum is better off without I think. I also don't need to be informed when somebody quotes me. If I'm interested enough in the discussion I contributed to I will remain subscribed to the thread, so will see it anyway. If I have unsubscribed, I don't need to know

If it wasn't for the possibility that somebody might be trying to communicate with me via a mention I would probably ignore the notifications altogether. It is really starting to annoy me that every time there is a notification I have to waste time looking at them, because that is the only way to remove them from the screen. Maybe there is an option to turn off the notifications you don't want to receive, but if so I haven't found it yet.
If you want to disable likes notifications/quote alerts, you need to switch to Full version.

For Likes: go to User CP - Edit Options - Likes Notifications:Enable Likes Notifications/ Disable Likes Notifications

For Quotes: Miscellaneous/under Blog/User tagging you can click on Settings/Quote Alerts/Hide Quote Alerts.

I don't think you can find them with the Classic version.

Hope this can help you.

But I personally like these options.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts