Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone else as frustrated as me? I've waited a while to see if I would adjust but I haven't. The update to tennis forum has made the website impossible to navigate, completley non user friendly and incredibly annoying. The mobile site is just as bad.

It's ruining my TF experience and I'm using the site less and less..

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't know you could change the skin. Have done so now. There's still some issues I think but there's some benefits too.

·
Registered
20,937 Posts
Is anyone else as frustrated as me? I've waited a while to see if I would adjust but I haven't. The update to tennis forum has made the website impossible to navigate, completley non user friendly and incredibly annoying. The mobile site is just as bad.

It's ruining my TF experience and I'm using the site less and less.
Just use the classic view. Probably half of us on here are already doing that.
Exactly. It was the first thing that i do after the change took place and i log in on forum. Classic I skin is the solution.

Navigation, though is a bit slow still comparing with before.

·
Registered
20,937 Posts
How do you do this? Sorry I'm useless with this stuff
User CP - Edit options - go at the bottom and you will see section "Forum Skin" - Choose "TennisForum.Com(Classic I)"

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
Its ok at first... Hated it.
It just grows on you, and you wouldnt even notice that they changed it after a week...

·
Registered
20,937 Posts
Its ok at first... Hated it.
It just grows on you, and you wouldnt even notice that they changed it after a week...
If you change on Classic I is the same, but with Full Skin i would say that is hard to not notice the change because it has very different interface.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
i liked the Notifications new feature, and the like button :)
I like it to, the only thing I don't like about it is that it will tell you that you have a notification even if you've seen the liked/quoted post, and it will stay there unless you click through it. I would like a way to get rid of the notification without having to do that. Sort of like marking a new email as "read" without having to open it.

·
upset I can't delete posts anymore
10,135 Posts
I switched over to the new look full-time last week. It takes a lot of getting used to, especially for those who have been on TF for years. However, there really are some interesting new features that add to the experience.

For anyone who, like me, instinctively switched to Classic right after the change, try the new look for a little bit at least. The classic skin will always be an option if its truly unbearable to you.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
It's loading way much faster on my phone browser compared to the old one (also bette it would sometimes scroll up fast when I was reading a post, that stopped completely). I've seen others commenting this too, they have stopped using that app vertical sports I think. And I liked the new features, got used to them rather fast, I thought they were intuitive.

And they are improving, if you notice, the tag system was taken out for a much needed revamp.

·
Registered
112,688 Posts
I like that if someone quotes me, I see it in notfications. So many threads, I'm not going to read them all through, so good to see that my post was commented on so I can quickly go take a look

·
Registered
33,561 Posts
I am using the classic view and the main differences I notice are the likes and the notifications. Although I concede that both are useful to some extent, as a whole I find that they are quite distractive, especially the notifications. The only kind of notification that is genuinely useful is the "mention" function, because that can be used as a quick and convenient alternative to PMs.

TF would be far better off without all the tacky FB stuff like friend requests, likes etc. IMO. They seem like innocent fun at first, but in the longer term they create social expectations and obligations that an open discussion forum is better off without I think. I also don't need to be informed when somebody quotes me. If I'm interested enough in the discussion I contributed to I will remain subscribed to the thread, so will see it anyway. If I have unsubscribed, I don't need to know

If it wasn't for the possibility that somebody might be trying to communicate with me via a mention I would probably ignore the notifications altogether. It is really starting to annoy me that every time there is a notification I have to waste time looking at them, because that is the only way to remove them from the screen. Maybe there is an option to turn off the notifications you don't want to receive, but if so I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
22,744 Posts
i'm on the new skin since the overhaul, and i really like the speed and fast response of the forum. far better than before imo.
on android i still prefer classic skin in desktop mode as i'm not fond of the mobile enhanced stuff in general anyway, and even then this forum is a lot faster than before.
all in all: tech team made a good job with the update, and the likes of VS Jeff and some admins are still open to discussions about alterations and suggestions in the respective thread. i really appreciate that as it isn't considered standard procedure in other forums by any means. :yeah:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts