Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, a friend of mine suggested we should try some indian food for the first time. I did agree with her. And after that I thought to myself that I should have tried as much diversity of food as I can. But one thing remains, I wouldn't have known what is each nation's best dishes, that I could be stunned by the menu [e.g. if I got into egyptian restaurant] So I'm asking you guys to post what you considered 3 best dishes of your nation so I can have it a try as soon as possible. :lick:

Reactions: MS

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
morocco

couscous (with vegetables and meat or chicken)
pastilla (sort of pie with chicken almonds and eggs) it's a mixture of salt and sugar, but very nice
harira (soup)

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,128 Posts
Germany!!!

Sauerbraten
Wiener Schnitzel (it is more austrian, but it is very german too)
????

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Switzerland

Raclette or Fondue both cheese dishes
Rösti: (a potato dis) there are several chises you can have with the Rösti different kind of meet salads eggs ham...
Bärnerplatte: dried beans, sauerkraut, potatos and about 3 different kind of meet

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Indian:

1 - Sorpotel: served mainly on feast days, like on one's First Holy Communion. It is a Pork dish made of diced pieces of liver, fat and meat, served in a deliciously thick gravy. Best eaten with "sonnas" (soft fluffy rice cakes flavoured with toddy)

2 - Chicken Cafreal

3 - A dish of diced beef with cocunut and other seasonings. Not sure what it's called :)

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Spain

Paella
Spanish Omelette :lick:
Jamón Serrano

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Lolaito23 said:
Spain

Paella
Spanish Omelette :lick:
Jamón Serrano
:worship:
:lick:
All served with Sangría, of course:p

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Paella! I've never had it but it is similar to food we cooked in Louisiana that has slipped my mind because it is 6:45 AM!

I like to watch them make Paella on the cooking channel.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Our Nation´s dishes was created way back for consevation of food over the winter. Here is three dishes still popular

Gravlaks , marinaded salmon :lick: once regarded as the gastronomic wonder from the north

Rakfisk, usually trout marinaded and in a half rotten stage (sounds terrible)

Lutefisk, Usually cod, dried, then soaked in caustic soda (soap), then watered, then carefully boiled :lick:

Gravlaks:

salmon and happy Swedish tourist:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts