Tennis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Justine vs Kim. What a combination, complementary styles and so much flair from both. Always produce exciting matches unless at GSs!! Can't wait for the next meeting. Allez Juju!

· Banned
907 Posts
I thought this match sucked. I haven't watched many tennis matches lately but I thought this 1 was pretty bad. Only the Wimbledon final was worse... In fact I don't feel like watching tennis anytime in the future once I think of those 2 matches! yuck.

· Registered
609 Posts
Fyndh0rnElf said:
I thought this match sucked. I haven't watched many tennis matches lately but I thought this 1 was pretty bad. Only the Wimbledon final was worse... In fact I don't feel like watching tennis anytime in the future once I think of those 2 matches! yuck.
I guess you have never ever enjoyed tennis then, because there were very high quality points...
Anyway, you'd better be prepared as these matches will take place more often in the very close future ;)

· Registered
11,079 Posts
There were a few good games and that was it.

The first set was all Kim playing good, and Justine playing bad.

The second was Justine playing good, and Kim playing bad.

The third had good games until 3-2, then it fell apart again.

Kim was definitely tired by the end of the third. She just seemed to give in somewhat.

As to calling this a great meeting, I don't think so. Less than spectacular stuff.

I really don't think there is a good meeting in tennis these days. No exciting matchups.

· Banned
907 Posts
Juju_fan said:
I guess you have never ever enjoyed tennis then, because there were very high quality points...
Yeh there were quite a few great points, but overall it was an error filled match. Don't take me wrong I love these 2 players.

The tour has been closer to being really competitive. Now the Williams and the Belgians are always there in the finals... it becomes dull. With Mauresmo injured, Martina out, Davenport and Seles waving goodbye, Hantuchova and Dokic slumping, it's all about those 4 players.

· Registered
8,445 Posts
I don't think Justine played bad at the beginning of the match, even when 4-0 down. Kim was playing perfect tennis until then. From then on Justine raised her level and changed the rythm.

Kim started to make much more errors, but partly because Henin got better.

· Registered
2,150 Posts
Good 3rd set-There were good rallies and IF IT WAS 6-2, 6-1 Then I would say that it sucks as I would with any combination of players. It was fun to watch and nice to Henin beat someone that alot of people on this board said she would not. Kim's cool and I am sure she was a little tired after winning last week. Let's see Capriati win this week and someone else in Toronto-more exciting that way

· Registered
13,564 Posts
bcoene said:
I don't think Justine played bad at the beginning of the match, even when 4-0 down. Kim was playing perfect tennis until then. From then on Justine raised her level and changed the rythm.

Kim started to make much more errors, but partly because Henin got better.

Can't agree more :) :wavey:

· Registered
15,432 Posts
Same here. Loving the Justine vs Kim rivalry.
Totally opposite styles- and the matches are
always played with alot of heart and spirit.

· Registered
15,432 Posts
Us Open

Cannot wait until the US OPEN 2003 final .

· Registered
117 Posts
I have to agree with most of the people here that the Justine vs. Kim matches are very exciting...IMO more exciting than the Williams' matches.

today's match was bang, bang, and variety from both players....it doesn't get more exciting than today's match.

By the way...whoever said that Serena vs. Jennifer and Venus vs. Linzi matches are more exciting....ok....you're only saying that cuz you're american..EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS....please!

· In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Annarocks said:
I have to agree with most of the people here that the Justine vs. Kim matches are very exciting...IMO more exciting than the Williams' matches.

today's match was bang, bang, and variety from both players....it doesn't get more exciting than today's match.

By the way...whoever said that Serena vs. Jennifer and Venus vs. Linzi matches are more exciting....ok....you're only saying that cuz you're american..EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS....please!
Those two play the best tennis IMO on the tour.. Sure Jen has lost every single match to Serena is lord knows how long, but the level of their games is tremendous when they play each other.. To say that person only says that because their American is IMO lame, the just know quality tennis.

· Registered
2,069 Posts
I thought today's final was a very exciting match. Yes, the level of play was slightly one-sided in the first two sets but the good thing was that the other player not only tried to fight back but the match was filled with drama. I'm sure most of us thought Kim would run away with it after 4-0, but Justine fought back well.

I wish I had taped this match but unfortunately for me I'm only interested in Venus' matches. Tsk. Tsk.

It was a good match; I was rooting for Justine from the very start, even though I didn't mind Kim winning at all. I'm really impressed with the way Justine has improved her fitness. I love to look at her well-toned mucles. I think she has really improved physically and to a very large extent mentally.

I also thought that she couldn't pull it off on a hard court against Kim but she's really toughened up mentally. Kudos to her.

Midway thru the match I told myself Justine deserved to win. My reasoning: Last year Justine lost a row of finals to Venus and people were saying if she had played anyone else she would have triumphed. So I figured since Venus is the defending champ and she's not here, Justine could/should win since Vee wasn't standing in her way. Allez Juju!

Reactions: Chance
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.