Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was about time we started a thread to worship the mother of our goddess, Fusako Sugiyama.

:worship:

She writes a diary on Ai's site called "mama blog" hence the use of the word mama in the title.
http://mama-sugiyama.at.webry.info/

I have also lately been watching Roland Garros and she seems to be everywhere. When Ana beat Arvidsson on Sunday and they cut to Ana's box, I saw Fusako behind them leaving. And today, I saw her sitting with Katarina's coaches and she looked so happy and just seems to be someone who loves tennis so much.

So to conclude, Fusako is by far my favourite "mama" on tour, and I thought we should have a thread for her.

I sound like a stalker don't I?

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
She's sweet, she likes tennis a lot I think.
She sounds like a good coach from the looks of it, too.
I thought I saw her in Kata's box but I wasn't sure. I was look "Who that?" :confused: Thanks for confirming.

She seems to have befriended Kata's coach, yeah. It's so cute :)
Do you read Japanese, Adam? What does she say in mama blog? What does Ai say in her blog? :confused:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Oh I am totally expecting a beatdown today :drool:

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last year at Roland Garros, I was watching, Ai and Aiko practice and Ayumi was watching and sitting in the stands opposite me. And sitting on a chair in the corner of the court was Mama Sugiyama :inlove:. I think I took more photos of her than Aiko, Ai or Ayumi. :eek: Well probably not, but I took quite a few.

I can speak a bit of Japanese but not read much anymore. I could a little last year, but they couldn't timetable my Japanese here so I forgot a lot and am going to study it over the summer.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Oh I see, that's too bad!
LOL That's so funny about the picture thing :haha:
She gave me a weird look two summers ago when I was vocally encouraging Sugiyama against Kuznetsova. :lol: I only did it once because after I was embarrassed :p

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She looked at you. :eek:

I am so jealous.

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Btw Matt, if they go to Montreal, can you please give Fusako a hug for me? I have always wanted to give her one for some reason.

Or at least ask for a picture with her.
Or even better, you with Fusako and Ai. :D

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An all time favourite pic of mine:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
They look so happy :) Close relationship.
:lol: at the jealous thing.
LOL But wouldn't that be weird? Hey can I have a pic with you and your mom? I'll go for a pic with Ai first, and then ask if I can pose with her and her mom :lol: I don't know about the hug, that seems nearly stalkerish. Maybe Ai though, that would make sense!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts