Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK after going to see the excellent film i have decided to read the book so far i have read 10 chapters of the Fellowship of the ring and its nothing at all like the film or should i say the film is nothing like the book!:eek: The hobbits have reached the prancing pony and are now talking to strider and it seems that the film catches up with the book here!

I find it astonishing how much they left out!:eek: The whole thing about meeting the elves just after leaving hobbington and Tom Bombadil seem to have been forgotten!Having said that these parts are very strange!:rolleyes:

Anyway so far i'm loving the book and have just 850ish pages to go YEAH!:D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I`ve just seen the film, though I read the book for the first time 15 years ago and re-read it many times. I also was very sad that the part with Tom Bombadil was omitted, but it`s understandable, cos the film cannot include the whole story.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
The film is quite close to the book, it's just that they decided to omit/condense most of the first 200 pages. So, keep going, and you'll start to love it!

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
I read the book before I saw the film. The book is much better than the movie imo. They changed many details, and left out things that gonna be showed on the DVD, thats gonna be almost an hour longer.
Bombadil was too strange and not necessary for the movie, but they changed a lot with Arwen, she has got a greater role.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts