Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
The winner of the Asian Championships receives an automatic WC to the Australian Open. The Aus Open considers itself the Grand Slam for Asia as well, hence the wild card.

The bigger question is what happens if Li doesn't end up needing the WC as her ranking continues to skyrocket... Will Sania Mirza (this year's runner up) receive the WC? I certainly hope so!

-neil

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Can enyone write som info or interviu with Na Li.....thanks

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
She actually beat Ting Li 6-4 6-4. I heard that Ting is her sister, so will be tough to play her. But I'm sure Na will show no mercy. Go Na! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Li Ting is definitely NOT Li Na's sister!
They just used to be double partner till Li Na retired in 2002.
Li is the most common surname in China.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could anyone tell me why Na Li retired for two years in 2002? Also what type of style of play does she play? Cheers. GO Na Li GO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Li Na isn't sudden appeared. two years ago, she is the NO.1 in CHINA, then she is only 20 years. her American coach ever said:she can enter top 10. But then she out
of tennis match because injured. after that she went to collage study. this year on May she come back.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
adachi said:
Li Ting is definitely NOT Li Na's sister!
They just used to be double partner till Li Na retired in 2002.
Li is the most common surname in China.
Thanks for clearing that up. I heard that they were sisters from a Li Na fan so I assumed it was true, but evidently not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts