Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Yes of course these all sound like typical UK / USA songs in a modern fashion, I think the OP just meant that suddenly girls with Albanian (Kosovar particularly) heritage became noticed in music industry :) And not that folk music suddenly became a worldwide factor :lol: (I don't think any folk ever will be again after the US 1960s music, hope I'm wrong, but it's naive to expect otherwise ;) )

Maybe after Rita Ora's breakthrough it was easier also for the others, I don't follow their careers much as it's not my favourite music, what I know is that Albanians like to help each other.

As for the argument that they were raised in UK / US society, well, that's globalization for you, in Poland these days we have exactly the same music as they have in Kosovo, as they have in London or NYC or Stockholm... :) My best friend ever is Albanian. He has an account on TF as well, just not too active these days. I met him many many years ago and it turned out he was a big fan of Radiohead, Mercury Rev, Slowdive, traveled to indie rock festivals etc. (I don't really know what I was imagining, but I could be ashamed of stereotypes I probably had in my head before talking to him then) Yeah Albania is an undiscovered piece of Europe and very specific, but it's not like they live under a rock there, young people can do exactly same things as people in Western Europe or US ;) Up to the level where your family and tradition controls you, but Albanian families and customs control you same way even if you were born outside of Albania - in UK, US, Italy, Germany :lol:

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes of course these all sound like typical UK / USA songs in a modern fashion, I think the OP just meant that suddenly girls with Albanian (Kosovar particularly) heritage became noticed in music industry :) And not that folk music suddenly became a worldwide factor :lol: (I don't think any folk ever will be again after the US 1960s music, hope I'm wrong, but it's naive to expect otherwise ;) )

Maybe after Rita Ora's breakthrough it was easier also for the others, I don't follow their careers much as it's not my favourite music, what I know is that Albanians like to help each other.

As for the argument that they were raised in UK / US society, well, that's globalization for you, in Poland these days we have exactly the same music as they have in Kosovo, as they have in London or NYC or Stockholm... :) My best friend ever is Albanian. He has an account on TF as well, just not too active these days. I met him many many years ago and it turned out he was a big fan of Radiohead, Mercury Rev, Slowdive, traveled to indie rock festivals etc. (I don't really know what I was imagining, but I could be ashamed of stereotypes I probably had in my head before talking to him then) Yeah Albania is an undiscovered piece of Europe and very specific, but it's not like they live under a rock there, young people can do exactly same things as people in Western Europe or US ;) Up to the level where your family and tradition controls you, but Albanian families and customs control you same way even if you were born outside of Albania - in UK, US, Italy, Germany :lol:
Thank you! A lot of people don't even know much about Albania,Kosovo etc and yet here they are talking about 'our' traditions and stuff :lol: It's like me talking about another country's traditions without even knowing their historical background.

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Say no more! :cheer:

This is all you need to know.

And her aunt:
You're kinda spamming the thread, since the thread wasn't opened to let people know about Kosovo's music. I'd need a whole different thread for that, cause Kosovo's music is by far the best in the region.

I opened this thread to underline the success that young Albanian artists especially from Kosovo are enjoying in the international sphere.

·
Registered
28,605 Posts
You're kinda spamming the thread, since the thread wasn't opened to let people know about Kosovo's music. I'd need a whole different thread for that, cause Kosovo's music is by far the best in the region.
If you're talking about Serbian songs I have to agree with you. :eek:h:

·
Registered
13,065 Posts

I opened this thread to underline the success that young Albanian artists especially from Kosovo are enjoying in the international sphere.
Well, yeah, no one really cares, judging by the number of replies. You should be thanking me for promoting the music of Kosovo instead of being rude.
But I get that you're upset over your idols's dead career, so I don't mind. :hug:

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
young Albanian artists especially from Kosovo are enjoying in the international sphere.
That's not what you presented. You presented artists of Albanian descent no matter where they're from. Not to imply that's invalid but it is different.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Thank you! A lot of people don't even know much about Albania,Kosovo etc and yet here they are talking about 'our' traditions and stuff :lol: It's like me talking about another country's traditions without even knowing their historical background.
It took me quite a few years and a few different lovers :eek:h: to understand your culture :) And it's been a great school of life, after you can detect Albanian man's lies (they're world champions) you can detect everybody else's lies piss easy :D.

Sorry to hear about Masha btw :hug:

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts
albania has only caused crime , illegal acquistion of YUG lands, terrorist criminal mafia drug organ tading all the bad things u can imagine....even attacked macedonia in some ways a few times and will probably get burned soon when it all completely collapses.
its a mess, it has nothing going for it but hate and corruption mostly and will probably be taken over by the slavs again one day who might be able to rectify some of the damage caused since the ilegal partition

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts
I am not serbian , I am from Australia not the USA ....lol....so not biased but everything points to this being slavic territory lies and deception and crime by the west to take this land.....and the albanians to turn it in to an almost wasteland, no music revolution is coming here, they should focus on crime and maybe the poor economy which is wasting away

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well, yeah, no one really cares, judging by the number of replies. You should be thanking me for promoting the music of Kosovo instead of being rude.
But I get that you're upset over your idols's dead career, so I don't mind. :hug:
I wasn't trying to be rude.

·
Registered
48,050 Posts

How rude, especially because Joana is probably the only person on this board that gives a flying fuck about anything that has something to do with Albania, except you.

Back on topic, I've never actually heard of any of those singers (not counting Rita Ora), but Bon Bon song is good and is playing on the radio here very often, but I am not sure how is the singer called. Also, for the few months I had no idea the song is in Albania, I thought it was a mix of English and some African language to be honest. I was really surprised to find out it was Albanian because I am familiar with the language and I know how it sounds. I am definitely burning Bon Bon on a CD for my Balkans road trip this summer :eek:h:

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
How rude, especially because Joana is probably the only person on this board that gives a flying fuck about anything that has something to do with Albania, except you.

Back on topic, I've never actually heard of any of those singers (not counting Rita Ora), but Bon Bon song is good and is playing on the radio here very often, but I am not sure how is the singer called. Also, for the few months I had no idea the song is in Albania, I thought it was a mix of English and some African language to be honest. I was really surprised to find out it was Albanian because I am familiar with the language and I know how it sounds. I am definitely burning Bon Bon on a CD for my Balkans road trip this summer :eek:h:
It wasn't my intention to be rude.

And yeah, Bon bon is gonna be my summer jam.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Bonbon grew on me too. She made Albanian sound cool

Reactions: Mr.Sharapova

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
After listening to all of these artists, I think Bebe Rexha is on par with Rita Ora in vocal abilities. She has a very distinctive and soulful voice. Her song with with Nicki Minaj was deceiving, as there wasn't much singing in it, but now that I've listened to her live gigs I must admit that she's very good.
Era Istrefi's song might be the catchiest, but Bebe, Rita and Dua are best live singers

Reactions: Mr.Sharapova

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Rita has the biggest potential obviously because she's the most mainstream, but Era is the most unique and different. The other two will probably not have as much success, but they're both really cool.

But DAMN Bonbon is good! I was obsessed when I first heard it last year or whenever it came out, and the other day I heard it on the radio here in Australia in its English version! I was so proud :D

It's quite amazing how well Kosovo Albanians are doing right now!

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
After listening to all of these artists, I think Bebe Rexha is on par with Rita Ora in vocal abilities. She has a very distinctive and soulful voice. Her song with with Nicki Minaj was deceiving, as there wasn't much singing in it, but now that I've listened to her live gigs I must admit that she's very good.
Era Istrefi's song might be the catchiest, but Bebe, Rita and Dua are best live singers

I agree. I think that Era will become more popular based on how unique her style is not because of her voice.

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Rita has the biggest potential obviously because she's the most mainstream, but Era is the most unique and different. The other two will probably not have as much success, but they're both really cool.

But DAMN Bonbon is good! I was obsessed when I first heard it last year or whenever it came out, and the other day I heard it on the radio here in Australia in its English version! I was so proud :D

It's quite amazing how well Kosovo Albanians are doing right now!
You heard the English version :eek: ? I thought it hasn't been released yet. Bonbon is the catchiest song ever right? And to think that's it is in Albanian :tears:

41 - 60 of 161 Posts