Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Rita always looks like she really needs a bath. I wouldn't want to be too close to her. :scared:

She's done and dusted.
Never! :fiery: She needs to dedicate herself to her career again. Argjentina is lovely and is pure class. Except for that godawful R&B-style duet with that ugly chick, but we'll let that slide.

What's with Adelina? Does she still exist?

This one is interesting.

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dua Lipa's song is pretty good. Rita Ora is very British imo, does she speak Albanian with an accent? I've always wondered about that one
No she doesn't actually. She was born in my hometown Peje, and she always comes to visit her relatives here. So I guess that's why she hasn't lost her Albanian language talking skills.

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rita always looks like she really needs a bath. I wouldn't want to be too close to her. :scared:

Never! :fiery: She needs to dedicate herself to her career again. Argjentina is lovely and is pure class. Except for that godawful R&B-style duet with that ugly chick, but we'll let that slide.

What's with Adelina? Does she still exist?

This one is interesting.
Adelina is still alive :lol: but she hasn't released a song in ages.

·
Registered
23,816 Posts
I am really shocked all of these artists are from Kosovo :eek:
I mean I knew of Era Istrefi and her sister, but Dua Lipa too :eek:
on a side note, they all do very trashy music :hysteric: and if they can make it big, I assume some from Serbia is capable as well

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
on a side note, they all do very trashy music :hysteric: and if they can make it big, I assume some from Serbia is capable as well
:lol: Sure they are :eek:h:

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts
Dua Lipa i like her, shes the only real artist.....that Bebe is that like meant to be Rebecca Black feat Minaj??

I like the beat to Bon Bon would like to see her sing more tho to see how good she is cos one good track doesnt make an artist....

why are they all bleaching the hair blonde like rita?

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I am really shocked all of these artists are from Kosovo
They're not. One was born in the US and one in England. I was all psyched about the thread because I thought I'd get to learn a bit about the music scene in Kosovo. :lol:

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They're not. One was born in the US and one in England. I was all psyched about the thread because I thought I'd get to learn a bit about the music scene in Kosovo. :lol:
:lol: Rita ora was not born in the UK, she was born in Prishtine which is the capital city of Kosovo. Get your facts straight. Whereas Bebe Rexha was born to ethnic Albanian parents. And if you doubt on how Albanian she is and she feels watch her numerous videos and you'll find out.

Dua Lipa was born in London to ethnic Albanian parents who fled the country at that time due to war. Her parents are from Kosovo btw.

The purpose of this thread was to point out the success that all these Albanian singers are having as of late. Emphasizing Era Istrefi who was born and raised in Kosovo, with her song BonBon being a huge success even though it is sung in Albanian.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Say no more! :cheer:

This is all you need to know.

And her aunt:

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
One was born in the US and one in England.
Rita ora was not born in the UK, she was born in Prishtine which is the capital city of Kosovo. Get your facts straight.
Did I state that Ora wasn't born in Kosovo?

One - Bleta Rexha born in Brooklyn, New York
One - Dua Lipa born in London, England

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I don't know how much you know Albanian reality, but they are true Albanians easily even in 3rd generation born abroad and they like to marry only with themselves. They are very serious about their heritage. And all these successful in UK or USA are obliged to send money to like 200 relatives in Albania and Kosovo :lol: and they do it.

Most specific culture I've ever encountered. You'd be surprised how many treat seriously their national codes from 12th century or something. Including these who were born abroad.

·
Registered
28,605 Posts
Trashy as it gets. :eek:h: With Dua Lipa being an exception.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I don't know how much you know Albanian reality, but they are true Albanians easily even in 3rd generation born abroad and they like to marry only with themselves. They are very serious about their heritage. And all these successful in UK or USA are obliged to send money to like 200 relatives in Albania and Kosovo :lol: and they do it.
I'm not making any statements about, nor TBH do I care, how much they value their heritage. No matter who you are unless you're totally isolated, growing up in NY or London is a very different thing than growing up in Kosovo.

That sorted, I am going to check out their music as yeah I'm sure it does have some influences of their heritage.

·
Registered
28,605 Posts
I'm not making any statements about, nor TBH do I care, how much they value their heritage. No matter who you are unless you're totally isolated, growing up in NY or London is a very different thing than growing up in Kosovo.
It is, but you don't know anything about the Albanian mentality. :lol: Some things never change wherever one lives, you know.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
It is, but you don't know anything about the Albanian mentality. :lol: Some things never change wherever one lives, you know.
Perhaps. I don't agree but let's let not argue. I'll check out their music. :yeah:

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
That sorted, I am going to check out their music as yeah I'm sure it does have some influences of their heritage.
It doesn't. It's generic stuff that could have been made by anyone.
If you're into a more traditional sound, this is what you're looking for. I think I posted it before, but this gem should never be forgotten!

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts
its english music.......with albanians singing.....its not a revolution unless we hear albanian music played in the top 10 from all these girls lol

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
It doesn't. It's generic stuff that could have been made by anyone.
If you're into a more traditional sound, this is what you're looking for. I think I posted it before, but this gem should never be forgotten!
Thanks. I haven't listened to it yet but I definitely will.

·
Premium Member
11,132 Posts
Enough of this kosovo music revolution i see no whitney or mariah carey or michael jackson prodigy....all i hear about from there is bad stuff.....these people were obviously trained in proper countries with proper teeachers and typical music production like Joana said this has nothing to do with traditional albanian folk so there is no revolution and i do not think there ever will be.....but grats to some of these chicks i dig dua lupas song be the one......the rest arent interesting to set them apart from any generic singer and song out thetree

21 - 40 of 161 Posts