1 - 20 of 1737 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,060 Posts
She's got a lot of work to do... Hopefully she'll get it together before RG. :(

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
She needs to win a title, I fear the way she lost in Brisbane has set the tone of wasting leads and fragility in general.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,060 Posts
She needs to win a title, I fear the way she lost in Brisbane has set the tone of wasting leads and fragility in general.
Yeah i was thinking the same. It would be best for her to win a title before RG, gives some reassurance. I doubt her chances with this game approach though... The worst being:

1. returns... every time she was up in a game(especially in the first set) like 2 times 15-30 and 1 time 30-40 she was just hitting the return over-agressively letting kim back in the game. i know she's working on this but how is it working out when she's just missing it against her main rivals who can serve...

2. serve when it matters, she's getting the percentage up but failing to serve up to it when it's a servicegame that matters.

3. because of the over agressiveness she's making way more easy/silly errors. 'ballbasher' is in order here.

4. she's losing the mental battles against her main rivals so far. When kim chokes that hard 2 matches in a row(and especially in the second match which is an exact copy of the first), or Serena has a letdown early in the third set you have to take advantage when your name is Justine Henin, period.

Lets hope she finds her stuff back on the clay. Her movement should be impeccable here, hope it still is. I enjoyed justine 2.0 earlier this week before the Wozniacki match. Now i'm just in doubt again... It's just way too up-and-down, every other day, as well as in every match itself.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Exactly, she needs that winning feeling. With that little extra mental edge and a little less pressure on herself, she could have won Brisbane, AO, and yesterday. If she had won Brisbane, I think she could have won AO as well. Such is life, you can't have everything.

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Justine and co may still be trying to figure out her schedule for the clay season.

I really hope that her injury is recovering nicely.

I just had a flashback that she went to the AO finals in her 2nd tourny back; that is really something.

·
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom
3,781 Posts
I believe Justine will win a tittle, I mean honestly she could very easily win Madrid this year I think. I really hope she brings her A game on the clay, and shuts these haters up at RG.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I believe Justine will win a tittle, I mean honestly she could very easily win Madrid this year I think. I really hope she brings her A game on the clay, and shuts these haters up at RG.
Justine hasn't won a Tier I on clay since 2005. She will be unseeeded in Madrid too. I hope she plays something before, because this schedule will suck big time.

·
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom
3,781 Posts
Justine hasn't won a Tier I on clay since 2005. She will be unseeeded in Madrid too. I hope she plays something before, because this schedule will suck big time.
How would she be unseeded? If she plays Stuttgart or Barcelona she'd be in the top 20 easily

Plus in 2006 all she played was

Charleston, Fed Cup, and Berlin and she won RG

and in 07 she won Warsaw, played Berlin, and won RG

It's not like she's played a very long clay season in the past to win RG.

Plus she almost won Berlin both of those years.

So honestly given her history, Fed Cup and Madrid could be enough for her

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
when she plays her matches lets not forgetthis is a cheering thread hehe, lets try to inject more positivity and hopefully with more positivity, the better she will play :bounce::bounce:

1 - 20 of 1737 Posts