Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
5,286 Posts
Jennifer was on fire at the 91 U.S Open. IMO she was a bit unlucky to lose that semifinal with Seles who was nearly unbeatable at the time, and ultimately probably win the U.S Open since she had beaten Navratilova on grass that summer and Martina played a relatively poor final anyway. Sabatini was not in her best form going into the U.S Open either.

·
Registered
301 Posts
On 9 June, 2001 Jennifer defeated Clijsters in the Roland Garros final, winning her 2nd Gran Slam in a row.
I create a short tribute-video to recall the moment and celebrate the 10th anniversary of her triumph.
You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sj_Ysu3jQY

The song is "Caribbean Blue" by Enya.
You can download it in the DOWNLOAD area on www.jennifercapriatitennis.com

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
As someone elsewhere wrote, perhaps Jen's likely induction will help her personally and professionally. I appreciate Jen's realness. I don't seem to recall her ever flashing fake smiles or pretending to be someone she's not. There are many negative episodes in Jen's life that the media have reported, but that's how life is- challenges, bad decisions, and struggles along with comebacks and successes and inspiration. It's not my place to expect anything from Jen, but I have a feeling that her likely honor next year will give Jen a chance to share more of herself with her fans.

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Banned
5,286 Posts
I hope and expect she gets into the Hall of Fame on the first try. She fully deserves it.

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Who's the hard-looking blond in the blue strapless number at the Legends' Ball? And, no, I don't mean Chrissie, I know what Chrissie looks like.

With three slams, no. 1, the Olympics, how could she not get in the HOF on her first try? Some pretty rank numbers have made it in, she should be the shoe-in for this year.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've no idea who that woman is (in the blue strapless) but the one in a lighter blue with the high sleeves, is Iva Majoli?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two of the most heartbreaking moments in all of tennis were Capriati's losses in 3rd set tiebreaks in the 03 and 04 US Open Semis, where she would have had great chances in each of those finals. I always found it interesting that she beat Serena at both the French and US Open in 04, only months before her last professional match. She was also one of the few players to have beaten Serena a few times during Serena's really hot period between 01-03.

My hope for her has been to recover enough from her shoulder problems to play in exhibitions or WTT events, but she has been so reluctant to speak to any media that I don't know what her status is currently. I'm thrilled about her Hall of Fame induction; it is obviously well-deserved.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I liked that Jennifer almost always gave Serena a good match. It was quite a rivalry. She deserves her place in the HOF. It was such a joy watching her starting to win again on her comeback and rise through the rankings to No1.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Jennifer is going to play a mixed-doubles event at the KPMG Legends Tennis tournament on 17-19 November, 2011.
She's paired with the Aussie player Stephen Huss and in first round they're going to face the entrants from the Ritz-Carlton wildcard, Thomas Neuert and Racquel Kops.
Steven (Jennifer's brother) is going to play with Milagros Sequera and they're matched against Ashley Fisher and Ashley Harkleroad.

Official website: http://compasscayman.com/tennis/

21 - 40 of 84 Posts